This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Religion has pretty much destroyed America.

#1paulo_yamatoPosted 3/30/2013 6:16:54 AM
The United States of America (which is actually named after an Italian, Amerigo Vespucci. Google it!) was founded to be an atheist and free thinking republic of people. However, it has found itself to be the maelstrom of individual thinking of somehow divine providence by God. Through 236 years of existence, the U.S.A. has committed countless acts of barbarism, enslavement, & genocide against its own people.

All because of religion.

Every country that has caught itself up with religion throughout history has either fallen apart or been taken over by rival countries. Trillions of dollars throughout history have been wasted on religious wars.

If the U.S.A. doesn't get its head out of its ass as "a Christian country" and devote itself to freedom and liberty again, it will become a Third World country. With the largest nuclear arsenal on the planet.

I do not see good times ahead!!

Turn back, America, before you go so far that it will be impossible to turn back. STOP the religious dogma and devote yourself to freedom and liberty. That is what you were founded on.

And "democracy" is highly, highly overrated. Religion has proven that, time and time again.

I am a Libertarian. Because freedom and liberty are what all good things come from. Prove me wrong.

Your response?
---
You see it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. The Mohammedan religion too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity.
Adolf Hitler
#2OrangeWizardPosted 3/30/2013 6:28:01 AM(edited)
Religion (Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin religion. Google it!) was founded to be the maelstrom of individual thinking of somehow divine providence by God. However, it has found itself to be an atheist and free thinking republic of people. Through thousands of years of existence, religion has committed countless acts of barbarism, enslavement, & genocide against its own people.

All because of U.S.A.

Every religion that has caught itself up with America throughout history has either fallen apart or been taken over by rival sects. Trillions of dollars throughout history have been wasted on American wars.

If religion doesn't get its head out of its ass as "an American thing" and devote itself to following rules and worship again, it will become a Third World problem. With the largest gold stockpile on the planet.

Turn back, Religion, before you go so far that it will be impossible to turn back. STOP the American dogma and devote yourself to doctrine and worship. That is what you were founded on.

And "theocracy" is highly, highly overrated. America has proven that, time and time again.

I am a Jehovah's Witness. Because doctrine and worship are what all good things come from. Prove me wrong.

Your response?
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#3JigglysaintPosted 3/30/2013 6:34:26 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
Religion (Middle English religioun, from Anglo-French religiun, Latin religion. Google it!) was founded to be the maelstrom of individual thinking of somehow divine providence by God. However, it has found itself to be an atheist and free thinking republic of people. Through thousands of years of existence, religion has committed countless acts of barbarism, enslavement, & genocide against its own people.

All because of U.S.A.

Every religion that has caught itself up with America throughout history has either fallen apart or been taken over by rival sects. Trillions of dollars throughout history have been wasted on American wars.

If religion doesn't get its head out of its ass as "an American thing" and devote itself to following rules and worship again, it will become a Third World problem. With the largest gold stockpile on the planet.

Turn back, Religion, before you go so far that it will be impossible to turn back. STOP the American dogma and devote yourself to doctrine and worship. That is what you were founded on.

And "theocracy" is highly, highly overrated. America has proven that, time and time again.

I am a Jehovah's Witness. Because doctrine and worship are what all good things come from. Prove me wrong.

Your response?

I'd say American has destroyed religion as much as religion has destroyed America. What's to blame is a warped view of what freedom really is. If freedom is not met with self discipline, then it's not freedom; it's anarchy.
#4Hustle KongPosted 3/30/2013 6:47:20 AM
This might be the worst topic here in a while, and I don't have LMS on ignore currently.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#5bratt100Posted 3/30/2013 7:15:57 AM
I think he may be a bit confused with kittle things called "facts"
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#6GBALoserPosted 3/30/2013 7:19:54 AM
My response?

Read Stephen Prothero's Religious Literacy
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#7Lord Lu BuPosted 3/30/2013 7:47:30 AM
Destroyed America? I'd go further and say it's destroying humanity. Religion has been holding it back for centuries. If you want an example just look at the Middle East. Religious people are in a different reality and deny overwhelming evidence if it challenges their beliefs.
---
Yes, you can say ASS!
#8NoTitleRequiredPosted 3/30/2013 7:55:05 AM
This might be the worst topic here in a while, and I don't have LMS on ignore currently.

---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg
#9DoGCyNPosted 3/30/2013 8:07:35 AM(edited)
I Loled. well at least the tc has Some Enthusiasm.

tag

edit: typing from an autocorrecting phone is fun.
---
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
#10DarkContractorPosted 3/30/2013 7:59:12 AM
i was under the impression that the majority of the founding fathers were deists, i could be wrong though.
---
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. PSN: MrPillow92 Steam: MrPillowtheGreat