This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So befoe Jesus did no one go to heaven? It was only after he resurrected?

#1EDIFlCATIONPosted 3/31/2013 8:53:53 AM
What happened to the people before Jesus that died?
---
http://i.imgur.com/PLA1y.jpg
Izual - Common Sense Applies.
#2DagorhaPosted 3/31/2013 9:30:40 AM
EDIFlCATION posted...

only a few people ever go to heaven. Most will get resurrected on earth on judgment day or a little before that or whatever.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#3Burning_WolfXPosted 3/31/2013 10:27:07 AM
EDIFlCATION posted...

1: The answer to the question in your topic title is "Yes, that is correct.

2: The answer to this question above is, they waited in Hades for Jesus to be resurrected. It was only after Jesus' Resurrection that the dead were risen to new life, either bodily (as in Matthew 27) or were taken up to God, and now await the resurrection of the dead in His bosom.
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#4EDIFlCATION(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 3:11:02 PM
So not many people go to heaven then? As in... it's not as easy as you're led to believe when you're a kid? There's more to it then just being a good boy or girl?

And those that don't go to heaven will be risen on earth at the end of times? So what happens to those risen on earth at the end of times? What's in store for them?
---
http://i.imgur.com/PLA1y.jpg
Izual - Common Sense Applies.
#5DagorhaPosted 3/31/2013 4:31:52 PM
EDIFlCATION posted...
So not many people go to heaven then? As in... it's not as easy as you're led to believe when you're a kid? There's more to it then just being a good boy or girl?

And those that don't go to heaven will be risen on earth at the end of times? So what happens to those risen on earth at the end of times? What's in store for them?

I'd say read revelations and enjoy the carnage but in short God will weigh out the guilty and innocent and those who pass get eternal perfect bodies and everything is wonderful forever and ever and ever those who don't well... what is your opinion on lakes made of fire?
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#6freakzilla316ftPosted 3/31/2013 7:13:24 PM
So Abraham and Moses needed Jesus to sacrifice himself so they could go to heaven?
---
http://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/forum
The home of MMA
#7OrangeWizardPosted 3/31/2013 7:20:42 PM
freakzilla316ft posted...
So Abraham and Moses needed Jesus to sacrifice himself so they could go to heaven?

They aren't in heaven.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#8bratt100Posted 3/31/2013 7:24:00 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
freakzilla316ft posted...

They aren't in heaven.

I'm happy that you are the authority on all things unknowable.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#9MatamoriPosted 3/31/2013 7:55:54 PM
The points I want made are in bold.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day. 20 And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores, 21 and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man’s table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores. 22 Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s. bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.

Luke 18:9-14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Pharisee and the Publican

9 And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be [a]merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#10MatamoriPosted 3/31/2013 7:57:21 PM
I do believe you all know when Abraham lived. In case you don't, he lived in the Old testament times-way before Jesus.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.