This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A realization I made reading through 1-2 Peter and 1-3 John today.

#141JonWood007Posted 4/22/2013 10:28:30 PM
Because your post ignores the Bible. There is ZERO mention of fog. You're making crap up. It explicitly says the sun was not created until the 4th day.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#142OrangeWizardPosted 4/22/2013 10:43:13 PM
Because your post ignores the Bible. There is ZERO mention of fog

I explained the fog from the "separating of the waters above and below" and you were all like "NO! THAT MEANS FIRMAMENT! YOU'RE WRONG EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ASKING THE QUESTIONS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW!"

But Genesis 2:6

It explicitly says the sun was not created until the 4th day.

And you're explicitly ignoring what I said multiple times about this.

I don't take kindly to people who blatantly ignore me. In fact, I blatantly ignore them.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#143JonWood007Posted 4/23/2013 8:19:20 AM

I explained the fog from the "separating of the waters above and below" and you were all like "NO! THAT MEANS FIRMAMENT! YOU'RE WRONG EVEN THOUGH I'M THE ONE ASKING THE QUESTIONS BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW!"

But Genesis 2:6

You're reading crap into the text that isn't there. That's why I'm ignoring it.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
#144DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 7:17:58 AM
I do think Genesis ought to be taken metaphorically, it was seemingly written to pagan polytheistic religions at the time as way of demonstrating how could there be one God and only one God, that's why you see discrepancies between Gen. 1 and 2, but the early Church fathers and Jesus didn't take it metaphorically, and worked it into their theology, hence they shot themselves in the foot. (In fact, since there's been a recent yelling about literalism in the Bible, the early Church fathers took everything they knew literally. They took literally that end times would be happening in their generation (understandable), dualists (which to be fair was a pretty obscure denomination) took literally that God the Christ had forsaken Jesus at the Cross, stripping him of his divinity, and just about everyone took the Eucharist literally, which I just that one hilarious. I feel like God himself would facepalm at that.
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya
#145JonWood007Posted 4/25/2013 8:24:35 AM
^^Yeah, it's pretty obvious it's myth, but seeing how Christianity appears to assume it, the theology really begins to implode on itself here. I mean, if the adam and eve story didn't happen, there was no original sin, there was no perfect world we screwed up, and God is punishing us for being...human.
---
#146Magyar15Posted 4/25/2013 3:32:12 PM
DarkContractor posted...
I do think Genesis ought to be taken metaphorically, it was seemingly written to pagan polytheistic religions at the time as way of demonstrating how could there be one God and only one God, that's why you see discrepancies between Gen. 1 and 2, but the early Church fathers and Jesus didn't take it metaphorically, and worked it into their theology, hence they shot themselves in the foot. (In fact, since there's been a recent yelling about literalism in the Bible, the early Church fathers took everything they knew literally. They took literally that end times would be happening in their generation (understandable), dualists (which to be fair was a pretty obscure denomination) took literally that God the Christ had forsaken Jesus at the Cross, stripping him of his divinity, and just about everyone took the Eucharist literally, which I just that one hilarious. I feel like God himself would facepalm at that.

The early Church Fathers were divided on the subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegorical_interpretations_of_Genesis#Church_historians_on_allegorical_interpretation_of_Genesis
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#147DarkContractor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 5:51:22 PM
Magyar15 posted...
DarkContractor posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegorical_interpretations_of_Genesis#Church_historians_on_allegorical_interpretation_of_Genesis

Ah, well learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info.
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya
#148Magyar15Posted 4/25/2013 6:09:30 PM
DarkContractor posted...
Magyar15 posted...
DarkContractor posted...

Ah, well learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info.

No problem
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust