This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This guy gives the best arguments for gay marriage

#1Faust_8Posted 4/19/2013 8:29:28 AM
Props to AntiFun for making this topic on the Politics board, I'm really glad I know of this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/johncorvino?feature=watch

No ranting, just calm and incredibly rational debunking of the common anti-gay marriage arguments, often with reasoning I hadn't heard before but instantly knew it was what I was thinking at the time but couldn't articulate properly.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#2OrangeWizardPosted 4/19/2013 8:57:32 AM
Is there anything new in there?

Because I think I speak for the religion board when I say "We've heard it all".
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive things.
#3lastheroPosted 4/19/2013 9:06:54 AM
Nothing all that new to you, probably no. Still, he's an enjoyable watch - funny, and he really does a good job getting the points out and elaborating.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#4BerenPosted 4/19/2013 9:22:18 AM
Any chance someone could recap the main points (even in bullet format)?
---
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; A light from the shadows shall spring.
#5Resident WeevilPosted 4/19/2013 12:48:37 PM
Good stuff.

"he's like jesus. except less annoying and more actually existing."*

*a youtube comment
---
HP/MP restored!
...but you're still hungry
#6Polish_CrusaderPosted 4/19/2013 2:21:24 PM
1.)The bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin (romans 1:26-32, and 1 corinithians 6:9)
2.)The bible clearly states that ANY sexual immorality before marriage (i.e. sexual activity) will take you away from the kingdom of God (ephesians 5:1-14). That means you burn in hell for it.
3.) The only way to have spiritually safe sex is within a marriage.
4.) By logical deduction from the previous 3 points, God will never honor a marriage that is made from sin (homosexuality). God will never bless any sexually immoral people (gay or straight). So whats the point in endorsing a legalized union of people that are hurting themselves spiritually?

Homosexuality is a sin. Homosexual marriage is not good. Its just that simple, folks. There is no "best argument" that can get around that.
#7GBALoserPosted 4/19/2013 3:03:17 PM
Homosexuality is a sin. Homosexual marriage is not good. Its just that simple, folks. There is no "best argument" that can get around that.

Considering marriage is a function of the secular state, I'm less inclined to care what God thinks. If he sees it as a sin, fine, let him sort it out when they die. Until then, let people live their lives so long as they hurt no one else.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#8Polish_CrusaderPosted 4/19/2013 4:08:34 PM(edited)
GBALoser posted...

, I'm less inclined to care what God thinks.

Would you say that to gods face when you die? I think not.

Its the religion board. Please think before you post.
#9DarkContractorPosted 4/19/2013 4:37:29 PM
I want to make sure I'm hearing PC right. You're saying it should be illegal to have sex before marriage?
---
Steam: MrPillowTheGreat PSN: MrPillow92
#10GBALoserPosted 4/19/2013 5:04:56 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
GBALoser posted...

, I'm less inclined to care what God thinks.

Would you say that to gods face when you die? I think not.

Its the religion board. Please think before you post.

Considering I believe it's an issue between mortals, yes. The officiant at the wedding is required by law to say "By the power vested in me by the State of ______." The religious overtones are based on the faith you adhere to.

So yes, I consider marriage to be a mortal concern, not an eternal concern.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman