This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This guy gives the best arguments for gay marriage

#51SuibomPosted 4/22/2013 9:30:20 PM
What does shellfish have to do with that passage?

That passage is talking about sexual sins, sins that, according to God, defile nations who aren't even held to the law. That those sexual sins are an abomination, not only to Israel, but to every nation. That every nation is defiled by them. Meaning they're never okay, regardless of who is committing them. As if God is trying to say, "See these sins? They're not just bad for you, My chosen people. These are bad for everybody."

So again, where in that passage does God's law for Israel concerning shellfish come in to play? Did God at some point also say that eating shellfish defiles all nations? That shellfish is an abomination? I'm confused why you would bring that up here.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#52LosingStreak06Posted 4/22/2013 9:33:56 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
is that god clearly says homosexuality is a sin.

Perhaps your god does. But he is only one god. There are others, you know, and all of them have equal say under the laws of the United States.

Theres very few things that have direct rules to get to hell. But homosexuality is one of them (along with fornication, stealing, adultery, murder, etc.).

You seem to have a very warped and unenlightened (even by Christian standards) view of the nature of sin.
---
Show me your might! Give me your best shot!
You call this a fight? I said your best shot!
#53Polish_CrusaderPosted 4/22/2013 9:39:57 PM
1.)There is only one God. His name is Yahweh. And his son is Jesus Christ.

2.)I can tell by your second response that you never read the bible before, or you dont know that much of it. Read these:

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (gives a list of who goes to hell)

Romans 1: 24-32 (explains what happens to wicked people, how homosexuality is shameful)

All because you dont believe or understand something does not mean its close minded or warped, or unenlightened. You are warped and unenlightened for not knowing and following Gods word. Not me. Im the normal one.

God bless you, losingstreak06. Jesus is waiting for you.
#54Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:50:33 PM
Suibom posted...
What does shellfish have to do with that passage?

That passage is talking about sexual sins, sins that, according to God, defile nations who aren't even held to the law. That those sexual sins are an abomination, not only to Israel, but to every nation. That every nation is defiled by them. Meaning they're never okay, regardless of who is committing them. As if God is trying to say, "See these sins? They're not just bad for you, My chosen people. These are bad for everybody."

So again, where in that passage does God's law for Israel concerning shellfish come in to play? Did God at some point also say that eating shellfish defiles all nations? That shellfish is an abomination? I'm confused why you would bring that up here.

You never mentioned any of that in your link so why would I use that in my argument?

And I would think that if a god forbade eating shellfish or wearing mixed fibers, that's a reason to not take seriously what he says, or what he thinks he's said. In any case, though, that's far from the only problem you have to deal with.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#55lastheroPosted 4/22/2013 10:48:39 PM

2.)I can tell by your second response that you never read the bible before, or you dont know that much of it. Read these:

Romans 1: 24-32 (explains what happens to wicked people, how homosexuality is shameful)

All because you dont believe or understand something does not mean its close minded or warped, or unenlightened. You are warped and unenlightened for not knowing and following Gods word. Not me. Im the normal one.

Absolutely none of this has a damn thing to do with what the laws of the United States should or should not say in regards to marriage. I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up?
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#56lastheroPosted 4/22/2013 10:48:55 PM

Absolutely none of this has a damn thing to do with what the laws of the United States should or should not say in regards to marriage. I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up?
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#57LosingStreak06Posted 4/22/2013 10:49:38 PM
1.)There is only one God.

This is plainly false. There are many gods, and always have been. Whether or not any of those gods are real does not change that fact. And the fact remains that all these gods have roughly equal say, under the laws of this land.

My dear man, I would wager that it's very possible I've read it more than you have. Here again, you spout out verse upon verse, and tell me to read what they say but you have no understanding of what these verses actually mean. You are absolutely lost, completely in the dark.

I'm afraid, good fellow, you've gotten it all wrong. And normality has nothing to do with right and wrong, or, to my knowledge, the word of any gods.

Do try harder. I believe you are better than that.
---
Show me your might! Give me your best shot!
You call this a fight? I said your best shot!
#58GuideToTheDarkPosted 4/22/2013 11:25:39 PM(edited)
I have to admit a perverse pleasure derived from the gay hating in the bible. I mean, it's sick and wrong to deny people love and happiness, but I get to see genuinely well-meaning Christians squirm with the issue.

Come on in and post, TGJ. The water's fine.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#59SuibomPosted 4/23/2013 9:38:24 AM
Faust_8 posted...

You never mentioned any of that in your link so why would I use that in my argument?

I'm not sure. I didn't bring up shellfish. You brought up shellfish, didn't you? I was just trying to answer you.

And I would think that if a god forbade eating shellfish or wearing mixed fibers, that's a reason to not take seriously what he says, or what he thinks he's said. In any case, though, that's far from the only problem you have to deal with.

I believe the reasoning behind those prohibitions for the Jews were to set them apart from the other nations in various ways. The difference between shellfish and mixed fabrics is that God never said the other nations were defiled by them. He never called them an abomination, unlike those things He listed in that passage on sexual sins.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#60CuddleWithClawsPosted 4/23/2013 12:50:38 PM
All I can say is, if Jesus is waiting for me, he better be waiting for me with cocktails and a chorus of hot shirtless angel guys.
---
It's easy to claim that a thing is self-evident when you've already convinced yourself that it is.