This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Take a look at this Bible verse today:

#1IamvegitoPosted 4/20/2013 6:50:34 AM
Genesis 1:11-12 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#2Polish_CrusaderPosted 4/20/2013 7:29:59 AM
Yes. Beautiful verses. God made each kind of species of plant and animal unique and self sufficient. His creation is beautiful. I am his creation. So are you.
#3SuibomPosted 4/20/2013 7:51:38 AM
*checks date*

Clever.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#4Polish_CrusaderPosted 4/20/2013 7:53:18 AM
Suibom posted...
*checks date*

Clever.

*hits head*

I just got that.
#5OzymandiasIVPosted 4/20/2013 12:13:46 PM
Playing Devil's Advocate (I'm actually for the decriminalization of marijuana)... but what about poisonous plants? Just because Genres says that God found them all to be good doesn't mean they're all good for human consumption.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#6Moorish_IdolPosted 4/20/2013 12:31:04 PM
^ Yeah. If he wanted us to consume all plants, then explain the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
#7DarkContractorPosted 4/20/2013 2:10:49 PM
Yes. Beautiful verses. God made each kind of species of plant and animal unique and self sufficient. His creation is beautiful. I am his creation. So are you.

I would point that 99% of every species to have ever lived has gone extinct, but I'm just content with loling how blatantly you just walked smack into glass door.
---
Steam: MrPillowTheGreat PSN: MrPillow92
#8Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 2:35:15 PM
Just because Genesis says that God found them all to be good doesn't mean they're all good for human consumption.

I don't have a good answer for this, but I'm definitely not a Bible literalist.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#9GuideToTheDarkPosted 4/20/2013 3:13:03 PM
I can't read past the first four posts with a straight face. Golden.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#10darkmaian23Posted 4/20/2013 6:58:44 PM
What's the joke?