This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Take a look at this Bible verse today:

#21OzymandiasIVPosted 4/21/2013 2:38:54 PM
From: inferiorweasel | Posted: 4/21/2013 5:04:37 PM | #020
I've learned a lot about how it's destructive. Hemp is still an amazing product, but weed is very destructive.

How so?
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#22SuibomPosted 4/21/2013 3:31:30 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...
From: inferiorweasel | Posted: 4/21/2013 5:04:37 PM | #020
I've learned a lot about how it's destructive. Hemp is still an amazing product, but weed is very destructive.

How so?

Haven't you seen the damage it'll do on a bag of FunYuns?
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#23OzymandiasIVPosted 4/21/2013 3:39:43 PM
Haha!
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#24FlashOfLightPosted 4/21/2013 6:00:16 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...
And that, if there was only one time for smoke breaks and everyone went at the same time, 4:20 would be the most ridiculous time for the smoke breaks, since it's only 40 minutes before most people get off work (and let's not forget that not everyone works the standard 9-5 shift)?

I know all of that.
---
Montreal was an inside job.
#25FlashOfLightPosted 4/21/2013 6:11:09 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...

Oh, and also, I should mention, perhaps in more modern terms one can understand, the 4/20 cliche really started to take off just before the internet got popular, one can argue that pot use along with 4/20 had its origins all the way back in the 1960's as a cultural revolution, but we're talking about when this cliche or familiarity with it really began to take off in that it became nationally known to people not even involved with smoking it.

So, back to the comparison, via the internet, just like memes take off and have strange origins, and are not consistent from site to site, in that they are eventually modified from its true intent, likewise the 4/20 application and association with a pot break at 4:20 pm, was the one that happened to stick, regardless of the sense it makes in that most people happen to take their lunch breaks at 12:00 pm or at 1:00 pm, and their smoking breaks at any other time just before they get out of work.

The 4/20 happened to be the one that sticked for the same reason that Friday the 13th sticked in English, while in the Spanish language it is "Martes 13" because each one simply sounds better in their respective languages.
---
Montreal was an inside job.