This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The difference between religious fundamentalism and antitheism:

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The difference between religious fundamentalism and antitheism:
3 years ago#1
Nothing. Don't hate people who are different than you. We learned that in preschool, guys.
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
3 years ago#2
Neither of those things equate to hate, and certainly not (necessarily) hate toward other people. A lot of fundamentalists and antitheists, however misguided they may be, are concerned for the well-being of others.
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
3 years ago#3
"How dare you think something different than I do? You're WRONG! I don't care what experiences you've had that are vastly different to mine, you're wrong!!!"

This universalist crap from the modern era needs to die off. We're light-years past that in postmodernity, come into the light.
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
3 years ago#4
Is this in response to any particular person's opinions? I don't think I've seen much hateful antitheism or fundamentalism here.
3 years ago#5
Is this in response to any particular person's opinions? I don't think I've seen much hateful antitheism or fundamentalism here.

No one in particular on here, no. But both are common cultural streams, and both are reactionary self-projection.
3 years ago#6
I find anti theism often comes as a response to fundamentalism. Just an observation I make looking at some of the more anti theist atheists on r/atheism.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
3 years ago#7
They also approach the Bible in the same way: Literally, to the extent that that supports their interests. Joke groups of people, honestly.
3 years ago#8
There's nothing wrong with fundamentalism, it just depends what the fundamental is. Have you ever seen an Amish terrorist?
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
3 years ago#9
The Amish don't go around shoving s*** into people's faces and claiming exclusive truth, though.
3 years ago#10
C_Mat posted...
There's nothing wrong with fundamentalism, it just depends what the fundamental is. Have you ever seen an Amish terrorist?

"stop him! He's getting away...very slowly"
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The difference between religious fundamentalism and antitheism:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived