This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The difference between religious fundamentalism and antitheism:

#31KNessJMPosted 4/27/2013 2:13:34 PM
ITT: Rampant misrepresentations of antitheism.
---
Quote of the Week: "Sinners, all committing their crimes with abandon, safe in the knowledge that their absolution was one quick church trip away"
#32DarkContractorPosted 4/27/2013 4:46:38 PM
How is that trolling? I feel like your position obviously contradicts itself if you tell me that there is no truth and that I am wrong.

You are currently falling into a modernist trap and trying to use it as a critique of postmodernity. That does. Not. Work.

It's logically consistent. Demonstrate the fallacy he made in deriving the fallacy from what you said.
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya
#33C_MatPosted 4/27/2013 9:51:35 PM(edited)
Iamvegito posted...
You are currently falling into a modernist trap and trying to use it as a critique of postmodernity. That does. Not. Work.

If if doesn't work, then why won't you answer the question?

Is the only objective truth that there is no objective truth?
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#34hunter_gohanPosted 4/28/2013 12:41:41 AM
C_Mat posted...
Have you ever seen an Amish terrorist?

Yes, their attacks tend to be much more tame though :p

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/ohio_sheriff_latest_amish_haircutting_victim_attac.php
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#35Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 6:33:34 AM
Iamvegito posted...

Because that's a non-question.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#36DarkContractorPosted 4/28/2013 8:44:48 AM
Iamvegito posted...

that's his point. when you say that there is no objective truth, by definition you are proposing that as an objective truth, which is a self-defeating statement.
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya
#37Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 3:22:21 PM
*sigh* Moderns and their not-getting-it.

Read up on postmodernism next time.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#38C_MatPosted 4/28/2013 5:02:21 PM
Iamvegito posted...
Iamvegito posted...

A non-question? It seems that you realize how incomprehensible post-modernistic thought is, which is why you can't bring yourself to give me a simple yes or no answer.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#39DarkContractorPosted 4/28/2013 5:04:43 PM

What aren't we getting?

What haven't I read?

As usual, vegito makes a claim and gets arrogant as **** when we ask him to back it up.
---
#40Julian_CaesarPosted 4/29/2013 10:31:59 AM

You can't concisely explain how postmodernism eliminates the applicability of actual logic to arguments, including its own? Then stop pretending like you have this secret knowledge that the bourgeois posters just "don't get."

Or haven't you figured out by now that the very state which postmodernism was created to attain (i.e. freedom from structure) is the very thing which prevents it from being applicable to anything else? Since the basic assumption that structures don't exist is impossible to prove when you're not allowed to use structure to prove it?

If you have some way of showing us that postmodernism can have its cake and eat it too (prove its superiority to modernism while simultaneously denying that structure has meaning) then go right ahead. And if my observations of postmodernism are somehow horribly wrong, show me that too. I'm listening.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.