This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

#1Polish_CrusaderPosted 4/21/2013 11:05:51 AM
Why I am a follower of Jesus Christ. How I came to where I am now.

I was not always a follower of christ. A christian if thats what you want to call it. I was born into a christian home with a single mother and an older brother. My mother raised me and my brother in the church. We went to the same church up until he was 16 and moved out. My older brother was a major legalist growing up. Exactly like the pharisees described by jesus in the new testament. Im not exagerating- he would chide my mom and dad for going 1 mile over the speed limit and say "if you follow the law the lord will bless your life" which is an outright fabricated statement. The Lord actually says give to caesar what is his and give to god what belongs to God. As explained in romans, God cares about the spirit that you follow, not the letter of the law you follow. The spirit of the law can be followeed without actually following the letter of the law. Now my brother is a non believer atheist, and i am a strong believer.
In my late teens and early 20's I largely ignored any thought of a spiritual life. I largely focused on searching for girls, and partying with people I thought were friends who just ended up using me for their own stupid purposes. I got involved with the wrong crowd that did drugs and had a lot of sex. I was a real empty person. I got hurt and heartbroken by multiple women.
The turning point for me was around mid to late 2010 and early 2011. In summer 2010 I moved to Manchester England temporarily to be with my fiancť at the time. That was a terrible Idea. We were living in sin the whole time even though we went to church. I was never in a most depressed time period of my entire life. I could see spiritual problems with my fiancť, but I ignored them at the time because I loved her. When I was in England (Manchester), I saw gods visual and verbal communication for the very first time. I asked for multiple signs involving noises and sights to let me know if he wants me to leave her, and He delivered on every single one. I came back to America (at the time Maryland), and seriously did some soul searching and reassessing of my life. How could I make such a failure of judgement? I thought it was ok if we had sex all the time and still went to church. I didnít think it was necessary to pray regularly.
So in late 2010 I still was not all out convinced that I have to give my life and energy to the God of the bible. I was still in that mode where I thought it was it was ok to claim to be a believer but not really practice and not really pray that much or do anything real. I still went to church. But I was just following the motions. I didnít really think about an all loving God that wants to bless us and wants our lives to be beautiful and good through worship and reverence of him.
Another key turning point was around late 2010, I donít really remember the date because in 2010 I had a ton of health problems. But I was the hospital for one of my countless visits from my heart palpitations episodes, and I was watching and episode of the 700 club. The guy was reading a letter from a previous viewer who was healed from tmj, and he said a prayer, and in the middle of his prayer he halted himself and said ďthere is somebody else watching right now who also has tmj and wants it healed in the name of jesusĒ, I was laying right there on the hospital bed and raised my hand and said ďjesus I claim the healing in your nameĒ. Since then I have not had any tmj problems. My jaw feels perfectly fine. That was major for me. That was like the first real miracle I ever experienced. If it was natural why did it not heal on its own? Its because there was nothing natural about it. That was a supernatural miracle.

contd...
#2Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:06:02 AM
The clincher for me was at around January or feburary 2011 when my car was having a bad coolant leak. It completely drained about every 2 days. I had a job that depended on my car (pizza delivery) so it was very crushing for me to constantly buy coolant refill containers. After about close to 2 weeks of constantly refilling this thing I finally decided to bring it to God because I literally did not have the money to fix it at the shop. It was like a 600$ repair. I prayed so hard for days. One day I finally noticed that there was no puddle under the car. I picked up the hood and the coolant was at the same level. I waited several days just to make sure that the leak did not slow down. I was right. The leak had completely stopped and it no longer existed. Amazingly, I still felt the need to take it to the shop just to make sure there wasnít anything else screwed up going on. I told the guy who ran the shop, which ive known for years about my prayer and the situation. He looked at it and called me later that day and said that he saw where the puddle was in the car where the leak was, but that there is no leak there. He even admitted to me that it was really an amazing site that he hasnít seen before. After that I was hooked. That was when I finally decided I need to give my life to Jesus. I started reading my bible seriously once again since then. I slipped occasionally with sin, but I just bounce right back because the holy spirit has got my back.
Since then I have been to numerous bible studies and gotten more involved with Christian books and the study of Christianity from a geological and historical perspective. I go to a group called BSF which is the largest bible study in the world. With groups meeting as far as Beijing China, most major cities in Europe, india, all the way to here in Austin Texas. We are studying Genesis, and thatís when I was exposed to the evidence for the flood. There is sea creature bones that were found in the middle of texas, as well as other parts of the world where no body of known water has ever touched. That is because the whole world was submerged in water during the great flood that wiped out mankind at the time. All except the ones on the ark. The evidence of the flood is really paramount to the truth of the bible. Except for maybe the life and death of jesus, the flood is the most important story in the bible. You all should really look into it.
In the end, my belief and love of Jesus was not shaped by anything written on paper or spoken by a person. It was planted and grown by my earnest prayer and deep searching for gods truth. God delivered miracles to me from my prayers. Thatís what happened. Everthing I said in this long statement actually happened in real life. I did not lie about a single thing.
#3Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:09:52 AM
Additionally i forgot something which i posted on here when it happened.

About late last year i was at my new church that im at here in east austin, and i only had 20$ to give in the plate, so i prayed over it and dropped it in. Then a guy that ive never seen before came up to me after the service and said that the holy spirit told him to give me 20$. I was amazed because got reaps back on the seed that we sow. I have not seen that guy since.
#4Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:11:12 AM
For those that dont understand still or are too lazy i will post a quick version:

I became a follower of christ based on miracles that i have seen. The best way to see God is to see gods works. Once you see your first miracle your mind will be blown away. That is what you should be aiming for.
#5JonWood007Posted 4/21/2013 11:30:19 AM
Ok, I'm not gonna dispute the miracles because that's your testimony, and I'm not qualified to tell you what you experienced.

One thing I will mention though is your paragraph on the flood.

http://www.nhnct.org/geology/geohist.html

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/other-shows/videos/prehistoric-dallas-texas-submerged.htm

TLDR: Texas used to be underwater millions and millions of years ago.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#6OzymandiasIVPosted 4/21/2013 11:56:03 AM
From: Polish_Crusader | Posted: 4/21/2013 3:05:51 PM | #001
I saw gods visual and verbal communication for the very first time. I asked for multiple signs involving noises and sights to let me know if he wants me to leave her, and He delivered on every single one.

Can you go into more detail on this?
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#7CuddleWithClawsPosted 4/21/2013 11:59:39 AM
We are studying Genesis, and thatís when I was exposed to the evidence for the flood. There is sea creature bones that were found in the middle of texas, as well as other parts of the world where no body of known water has ever touched. That is because the whole world was submerged in water during the great flood that wiped out mankind at the time. All except the ones on the ark. The evidence of the flood is really paramount to the truth of the bible. Except for maybe the life and death of jesus, the flood is the most important story in the bible. You all should really look into it.

I think you should look in a geology textbook instead.
---
It's easy to claim that a thing is self-evident when you've already convinced yourself that it is.
#8OzymandiasIVPosted 4/21/2013 12:10:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9Hustle KongPosted 4/21/2013 12:16:57 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Ok, I'm not gonna dispute the miracles because that's your testimony, and I'm not qualified to tell you what you experienced.

One thing I will mention though is your paragraph on the flood.

Not that it matters, but that right there is about my ideal for how to approach the subject. Good show.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#10DarkContractorPosted 4/21/2013 12:33:40 PM
the mountain of evidence you've been promising for like the past month was all anecdotal?

damn
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya