This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

#21lastheroPosted 4/22/2013 12:13:25 PM
There is sea creature bones that were found in the middle of texas, as well as other parts of the world where no body of known water has ever touched. That is because the whole world was submerged in water during the great flood that wiped out mankind at the time. All except the ones on the ark.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that whoever told you this didn't bother to mention how old the sea creature was.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#22Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:15:23 PM
Lord_Ichmael posted...
This would only be potentially valid if it happened all the time to everybody who prays, imo. Then there would be a chance of it meaning something, at least. I think of "miracles" as being a 1/100 (or so) chance event happening to 1/100 (or so) people, who then tries to convince the other 99 that it was special and/or meaningful.

-The Lord never says he answers all prayers. But he does listen to all prayers. God is not a genie. I can tell with a statement like that you dont have jesus in your heart. Faith + works = results. One without the other is always dead.

Even with your 1/100 scenario, just the 1 is amazing enough. Because not all prayers are equal and not all people praying them have equal faith.
#23lastheroPosted 4/22/2013 12:16:44 PM
God is not a genie

But apparently, if you ask him nice enough, he'll decide who wins the Superbowl for you.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#24Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:21:54 PM
lasthero posted...
God is not a genie

But apparently, if you ask him nice enough, he'll decide who wins the Superbowl for you.

-The ravens players were the only ones giving glory to God throughout all of the playoffs. Atleast publicly. It was not just me. Stop trying to be a troll.
#25LosingStreak06Posted 4/22/2013 12:23:20 PM
anavriN posted...
I haven't visited this board in over a year now, so it's kind of comforting to see that nothing ever changes here. :P

I experienced the same feeling only a few days ago.
---
Show me your might! Give me your best shot!
You call this a fight? I said your best shot!
#26LosingStreak06Posted 4/22/2013 12:24:49 PM(edited)
Polish_Crusader posted...
I got involved with the wrong crowd that did drugs and had a lot of sex. I was a real empty person.

To the contrary, it sounds as though you were a most interesting person.
---
#27Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 12:25:50 PM
LosingStreak06 posted...
I got involved with the wrong crowd that did drugs and had a lot of sex. I was a real empty person.

To the contrary, it sounds as though you were a most interesting person.

I tried to be intersting. But inside i was sad and depressed. I didnt have a single girlfriend thoughout all of highschool. And the only good friend i had i lost because i got involved in rap culture, drugs and sexual stuff.
#28LosingStreak06Posted 4/22/2013 12:34:34 PM
Except for maybe the life and death of jesus, the flood is the most important story in the bible.

Of all the odd things you wrote in your anecdotes, this is the most puzzling to me.
---
#29DoGCyNPosted 4/22/2013 12:38:08 PM
P_C, while I don't personally agree with all your approaches to the debates across this board (i.e. by posting "fail more"; needless comment) (...but lets be honest, most people don't agree with mine either lol), I did enjoy reading your testimony!

Minus Jon's approach above by responding with some links, it seems there is some offense to your testimony from others from the board, but perhaps some feathers have been ruffled in the past between you and these others, so maybe this is there way of responding to that.

Glad you posted!
---
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
#30JonWood007Posted 4/22/2013 12:57:55 PM(edited)

-Put yourself in my shoes for just a second. Why would you pray for something that you desperately need, then question the result that you JUST PRAYED FOR. Does that make any sense? Its like me walking up to my dad or mom or friend and asking them for 100$. Then they give it to me in my hand and i start to ask "why did you give this to me?" "did he really give this to me because i asked or because of pure chance?"

Actually IRL, when dealing with stuff related to God, it is a lot vaguer than your parents giving you $100...because you actually see them handing you the money. With God....it's like, you pray for it, and then somehow get $100 through one of many natural mechanisms...if you get it at all. This video can sum that up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

Again, not trying to tell you what you experienced, but prayer is particularly...vague...so even though I'm not gonna be offensive to your testimony, I'm not about to actively believe it either. Too many variables at work here IMO.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768