This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

#41Lord_IchmaelPosted 4/22/2013 9:36:36 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
DarkContractor posted...
But if you get exactly what you pray for why doubt it? Do you realize how little sense that makes?

It's a confirmation bias and a correlation=causation fallacy. We 'get' it. You, however, don't.

That doesnt make sense. How else are you suppose to determine if the prayer was answered how you wanted it? Do you have any concept of how prayer works? Or do you just automatically ad hominem attack anyone who claims to have it because you dont get answered prayers? A question being answered is not confirmation bias and a correlation. you need to look up what those words mean.

If I pray to the jug of milk or Zeus for something, and it happens, does that mean the prayer was answered? Or does it only apply when God's the one being prayed to? If so, how do you know it was answered at all?
#42Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:41:10 PM
-How do i know it was answered at all?

A.) Cuz i got what i asked for! The pain went away! Duh! lol
#43JonWood007Posted 4/22/2013 9:43:05 PM
DarkContractor posted...
But if you get exactly what you pray for why doubt it? Do you realize how little sense that makes?

It's a confirmation bias and a correlation=causation fallacy. We 'get' it. You, however, don't.

That doesnt make sense. How else are you suppose to determine if the prayer was answered how you wanted it? Do you have any concept of how prayer works? Or do you just automatically ad hominem attack anyone who claims to have it because you dont get answered prayers? A question being answered is not confirmation bias and a correlation. you need to look up what those words mean.

I think was DC means is that when you add up all the prayers that happened vs all the prayers that didn't, you won't find much of a correlation there. The thing is, you look at God without looking at the possibilities of natural explanations. In other words, you COULD be confusing God with some natural process at work.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#44Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:43:08 PM
Lord_Ichmael posted...
I had to resist the urge to laugh after reading the 3rd incident... Breaking up on that alone would be ridiculous, but I guess if you were already depressed in the relationship, then meh, any excuse works.

God bless you, lord ichmael
#45Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:45:31 PM
JonWood007 posted...
DarkContractor posted...

I think was DC means is that when you add up all the prayers that happened vs all the prayers that didn't, you won't find much of a correlation there. The thing is, you look at God without looking at the possibilities of natural explanations. In other words, you COULD be confusing God with some natural process at work.

No, i did look at natural explanations. You dont understand how long i had this tmj pain. People told me to go to the chiropractor to the massage therapist. I got my mouth professionally massaged. I tried chewing on different things. I did not post these things cuz i didnt know it was necessary. The prayer was the last resort. All other medical and natural options failed. Like i said, there is no known cure for TMJ. What natural process could it be that you are thinking of?
#46SpawnShadowPosted 4/22/2013 10:20:31 PM
JonWood007 posted...
DarkContractor posted...

No, i did look at natural explanations. You dont understand how long i had this tmj pain. People told me to go to the chiropractor to the massage therapist. I got my mouth professionally massaged. I tried chewing on different things. I did not post these things cuz i didnt know it was necessary. The prayer was the last resort. All other medical and natural options failed. Like i said, there is no known cure for TMJ. What natural process could it be that you are thinking of?

The placebo effect, perhaps?

Incidentally, now that I've mentioned it, it'll stop working. Have fun.
---
"Mjolnir: apply directly to the forehead."
Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy for hours on end? See quote for details!
#47GuideToTheDarkPosted 4/22/2013 10:25:11 PM

The problem is that you assume events to be answers to your questions, which is an example of confirmation bias.

Do you never have tmj trouble anymore? Be honest, god's watching.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#48JonWood007Posted 4/22/2013 10:25:46 PM
http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/TMJ/TMJDisorders.htm

Remember that for most people, discomfort from TMJ disorders will eventually go away on its own. Simple self-care practices are often effective in easing symptoms. If treatment is needed, it should be based on a reasonable diagnosis, be conservative and reversible, and be customized to your special needs. Avoid treatments that can cause permanent changes in the bite or jaw. If irreversible treatments are recommended, be sure to get a reliable, independent second opinion.

Now, I'm not gonna say 100% it was natural, I mean, I don't know what you experienced. I admit that. But doing a little research, at least for some people, it does go away on its own, or at least the symptoms do.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#49lastheroPosted 4/22/2013 10:33:24 PM

-The ravens players were the only ones giving glory to God throughout all of the playoffs. At least publicly. It was not just me. Stop trying to be a troll.

That you seem to think that the Ravens had an edge because they gave glory to God where everyone could see them speaks volume for the ridiculous brand of Christianity you follow.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#50Julian_CaesarPosted 4/23/2013 12:01:18 AM
It's not like I kept track, but I lost my appetite for GameFAQs a while ago. But recently, I kinda started to miss it, so maybe I'll frequent this board again from now on. I'm already itching to puke on William Lain Craig. :P

Please do! This board could do with more puking on him.

Also, welcome back.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.