This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

#71Lord_IchmaelPosted 4/23/2013 10:42:20 PM
I'd just like to clarify that the concept of prayers that are specifically requests particularly irritates me. I'm willing to consider that prayers for other reasons might amount to something, although I don't believe so personally. I'm only 99.99999999999999(etc.)% sure prayers for concrete actions/answers are never answered. So I'm with Julian on this one. Uh, I think.
#72bratt100Posted 4/24/2013 2:09:06 AM
How interesting that one of the few ways to prove a god and he refuses to do it.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#73LosingStreak06Posted 4/24/2013 9:55:22 AM
OzymandiasIV posted...
I'm not sure if you should be lauded or condemned. Your arguments and reasoning for believing just aren't standing up to scrutiny, but dammit, you are really holding on to that faith.

This shouldn't be entirely surprising... after all, if he actively entertains the possibility that the "signs" from his god weren't miracles, or signs at all, then he might end up facing the realization that he threw away a relationship with someone he cared very deeply about, for absolutely no reason at all.
---
Show me your might! Give me your best shot!
You call this a fight? I said your best shot!
#74Wandering__HeroPosted 4/24/2013 12:56:23 PM
I really hope Polish is trolling, but its hard to tell
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
Official Generic Village Girl of the FE13 board
#75Julian_CaesarPosted 4/26/2013 2:16:31 AM
I'd just like to clarify that the concept of prayers that are specifically requests particularly irritates me. I'm willing to consider that prayers for other reasons might amount to something, although I don't believe so personally. I'm only 99.99999999999999(etc.)% sure prayers for concrete actions/answers are never answered. So I'm with Julian on this one. Uh, I think.

Pretty much, yeah. Requests aren't necessarily bad, but if the request is from a desire to seek the gift (rather than the Giver) then that's not the kind of prayer God wants.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.