This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Couple has lost their second child due to only using prayer instead of medicine

#1FingerpuppetPosted 4/23/2013 9:29:36 PM
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/2nd-child-of-Pa-couple-dies-after-only-praying-4455524.php

Tragic stuff. You'd think that people would learn the second time around...they were on ten years of probation for the first one and they didn't even make it four years.
---
The problem starts when we are having a discussion just fine and you come along and derail the topic because you can't stand us all having the same definition.
#2sumostickfigurePosted 4/23/2013 11:54:06 PM
Honestly, I don't see how they could have learned better the second time around. The message the parents were getting from their church seems much too anti-medical science for them to have really considered any course of action other than faith healing. I wouldn't be surprised if they're coming away from this second incident thinking that they just didn't have enough faith and that's why their child died.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#3PhoroPosted 4/24/2013 12:37:42 AM
Saw this on the Politics board. Horrific stuff.
---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#4bratt100Posted 4/24/2013 1:14:36 AM
And a good reason why religious beliefs need to be kept in check. They were far to free to practice their religion and it cost the world 2 innocent children. The same goes for people who refuse to give their children life saving blood transfusions.

If your belief is killing children then you need to be striped of that right to practice it. I'm sure I'll take a battering here but it needs to be said.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#5ColdmacePosted 4/24/2013 1:35:30 AM
bratt100 posted...
And a good reason why religious beliefs need to be kept in check. They were far to free to practice their religion and it cost the world 2 innocent children. The same goes for people who refuse to give their children life saving blood transfusions.

If your belief is killing children then you need to be striped of that right to practice it. I'm sure I'll take a battering here but it needs to be said.

You won't be getting a battering from me.
#6SuibomPosted 4/24/2013 2:23:56 AM
So sad. Ugh. I bet for all their faith in healing, they still worked jobs to pay bills. Why not go the distance and believe God to pay your bills?!

What pride... because that is the heart behind guys that claim they "believe God". It's not deeply held convictions. It's pride. It's "look how STRONG in my faith I am". Oh really? Then stop working. Stop eating, even. Stop fueling up your car. Just do it ALL by faith.

Two kids. Dead. :(
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#7KokyuDosaPosted 4/24/2013 3:28:21 AM
That article wrote:
"Nobody argues that these aren't very loving, nurturing parents," she said Tuesday. "Whether their religion had anything to do with the death of their baby, we don't know."

Bull f***ing s***.

Even if there was literally nothing any medical professional could have done to save their child (yeah, right), they are fully responsible for not even attempting to save their kid. People who believe in faith healing over real medicine should not have children. They certainly shouldn't be allowed to endanger their children's lives by pretending that no advances in medical science have occurred in the last ever.
---
Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.
#8FlashOfLightPosted 4/24/2013 4:12:29 AM
A second child died under their hands due to health complications... it sounds to me like there is an issue of sanitation going on there at whatever home they resided in.
---
Montreal was an inside job.
#9FlashOfLightPosted 4/24/2013 4:34:46 AM
""It is a definite sin to trust in medical help and pills; and it is real faith to trust on the Name of Jesus for healing," says the message, from last May."

So then, they would have probably kicked Luke out of the congregation -

Col 4:14

"Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you."
---
Montreal was an inside job.
#10SuibomPosted 4/24/2013 4:51:39 AM
Flash, it's kind of sad, but I've heard people from their circles say that Paul was in sin, and that's why he had such a rough experience in ministry. Probably didnt help that his friend was an evil doctor... :/
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14