This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly Ask Yourself: Do you really want to know the real true God?

#1Polish_CrusaderPosted 5/1/2013 8:58:52 PM
Do you want to know God? It really is a yes or no question. - Results (65 votes)
Yes I do
70.77% (46 votes)
No, I don't
29.23% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It really comes down to this.

After you vote state your reason why or why not. If you are a non believer just answer in the supposed hypothetical if there was one that you could picture in your head.

I want to know the real true God because i want to go to heaven for eternity. I want what is right in all situations whether spiritually related or not. The core of righteousness and justice and love is the God of the bible. I personally know the God of the bible is true because of what I have seen with my own eyes and what i have experienced.

Post thoughts.
#2hamsandwich3141Posted 5/1/2013 9:02:46 PM
I'm not sure. It depends a lot on who the real true god is. If he is a benevolent, caring god, then sure, I'd like to know him. If he's Loki, then not so much.
---
She went after her kids with super love, they turned into drugs. - LastManStanding
#3VetzkiPosted 5/1/2013 9:06:58 PM(edited)
As an agnostic, I wished to know God at a personal level because having a relationship with my creator would far and away surpass anything I could ever attain here on Earth. This creator would embody all that is righteous, true, and just, and my life would be fulfilled down to the core of my being because not only would I have a relationship with an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent creator, but I would also have purpose in a life seemingly devoid of it.

But of course, my search for this relationship has only resulted in silence and disappointment, so while it would be nice, I'm content with being a mere byproduct of nature, making my own purpose in this life as I march forth to the grave.
---
de omnibus dubitandum
#4Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:07:28 PM
hamsandwich3141 posted...
I'm not sure. It depends a lot on who the real true god is. If he is a benevolent, caring god, then sure, I'd like to know him. If he's Loki, then not so much.

Great! Thats exactly why i made the topic. The point is to state your actual desire on the subject of God instead of arguing why you believe this or that. You either want God (regardless of what your vision of "God" is) and the rewards that come with following him, or you dont. Im trying to be as down straight to the point as possible.

Keep the thoughts rolling, folks.
#5Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 9:09:49 PM
Vetzki posted...
As an agnostic, I wished to know God at a personal level because having a relationship with my creator would far and away surpass anything I could ever attain here on Earth. This creator would embody all that is righteous, true, and just, and my life would be fulfilled down to the core of my being because not only would I have a relationship with an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent creator, but I would also have purpose in a life seemingly devoid of it.

But of course, my search for this relationship has only resulted in silence and disappointment, so while it would be nice, I'm content with being a mere byproduct of nature, making my own purpose in this life as I march forth to the grave.

Another great response. Cut all the editorializing out- you essentially said that you want to personally know God, your search just hasnt yielded results you are satisfied with.

Great thoughts, im lovin it.
#6GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/1/2013 9:21:50 PM
I just want to know the truth, whether or not a god's involved.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#7kozlo100Posted 5/1/2013 9:48:42 PM
GuideToTheDark posted...

---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#8linkkhalid89Posted 5/1/2013 9:58:52 PM
I voted "no," but I feel my bromidic reason would just upset most of this board.
#9Faust_8Posted 5/1/2013 10:02:46 PM
kozlo100 posted...
GuideToTheDark posted...

This.

All in all, though, you might as well ask "Do you want to know the real true Breshti?"

I made that up, by the way, so I wouldn't bother googling it or something. But to someone who's a nonbeliever of whatever monotheism you're talking about, it makes as much sense. You can't "want to know" a being you think is imaginary, nor anyone of a title that you don't think exists.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#10JonWood007Posted 5/1/2013 10:24:29 PM
Yes, because I care about truth. However, your truth and my truth are two different things.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768