This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly Ask Yourself: Do you really want to know the real true God?

#31Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 2:28:05 PM
Bump.
#32VinCon01Posted 5/6/2013 2:41:20 PM
Yes. I believe a God does exist, but I realize that I can hardly hope to prove that it does or doesn't without...you know...the whole dying thing, and even then it's debatable considering some of the philosophical speculation as to exactly what happens to consciousness upon death.

And if God does exist then I want to know the real, true God. I may or may not like what I find, but I want to have the absolute truth. Is God some kind of being that, as we are, we cannot hope to genuinely comprehend until we encounter it? Is it a fallible entity that just happens to exist on a higher plane? Is it some kind of construct made real by our own perception and beliefs? What does its existence mean for us? Are we really important, or were we just another creation? Is anything that we believe about it true, or have we just been following the writings of lunatics and storytellers? What is God, what are we, what purpose do we have, what is the meaning of...well, everything?

I'm a human. Humans tend to seek understanding. Ergo, even if I don't like what I understand, I still want to understand. And if God exists, then the only way to truly understand everything is most likely through understanding the true God's nature.
---
"I. AM GOING. TO DIE. BECAUSE EVERYTHING. IS THE ****. ON FIRE." - Asuka Langley Soryu, Shinji Just Snaps and Totally Wails on Everything.
#33Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 2:48:51 PM
Good point vincon. So wouldnt you like to get to know him while you are down here as opposed to after the fact when it is too late and you might not get the result you hoped for? You feel what im saying?
#34Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 2:49:50 PM
Im not getting any responses from the 25% that voted no. So right now i am assuming that you guys are just trolling. Why wouldnt you want to know god? Thats what i wanna know.
#35DarkContractorPosted 5/6/2013 3:11:36 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Im not getting any responses from the 25% that voted no. So right now i am assuming that you guys are just trolling. Why wouldnt you want to know god? Thats what i wanna know.

naw actually you assumed right, in my case.
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya
#36OrangeWizardPosted 5/6/2013 4:01:59 PM

Then you should have made a topic saying "Why wouldn't you want to know God?"
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#37Faust_8Posted 5/6/2013 4:22:53 PM
Using the Christian god as an example, many would think that even if he did exist, they wouldn't want to know or worship him, since he's basically a murderous, capricious tyrant if you actually don't sugarcoat his actions.

"Might makes right" and turning a blind eye doesn't mean his actions are actually moral.

Many would think they'd only want to know the Christian god if only the good things about him were true (you know, the loving and wise stuff). Even under a threat of hell (not very strongly supported by scripture AND one of the reasons to not respect the Christian god) you can't just worship someone you know has killed infants, commanded pillage and rape, objectifies women, and so on.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#38JonWood007Posted 5/6/2013 6:35:54 PM
I didn't vote no, but maybe some people voted no because they don't like you leading the question? No offense, but observing how you've talked in this topic and about it, you seem to be passing your views off as undeniable fact when they're anything but. This has the potential of rubbing some people the wrong way and they might vote no just to troll, or even because they don't like the wording of the question and have a different perspective of truth than you. I can see many of those "nos" being protest votes.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#39OrangeWizardPosted 5/6/2013 7:09:27 PM
many would think that even if he did exist, they wouldn't want to know or worship him, since he's basically a murderous, capricious tyrant if you actually don't sugarcoat his actions.

Many would call those people angstheists.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#40Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 7:34:50 PM
JonWood007 posted...
I didn't vote no, but maybe some people voted no because they don't like you leading the question? No offense, but observing how you've talked in this topic and about it, you seem to be passing your views off as undeniable fact when they're anything but. This has the potential of rubbing some people the wrong way and they might vote no just to troll, or even because they don't like the wording of the question and have a different perspective of truth than you. I can see many of those "nos" being protest votes.

What views did i express in this topi besides to post intelligently and to make sense?