This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the holy fire miracle

#11JonWood007Posted 5/5/2013 4:50:18 PM
Ah, so you admit it?
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#12Magyar15Posted 5/5/2013 7:01:14 PM
JonWood007 posted...
I find it funny how he applies skepticism here but gives his own views a free pass.

This is sig-worthy material right here
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#13OrangeWizardPosted 5/5/2013 7:41:51 PM
Ah, so you admit it?

I had you on ignore, so I wasn't replying to you.

I un-ignored you to squash the post that Magyar quoted, in case it was directed at me.

In response to that, you don't see me believing in any modern day miracles, so, as usual, you continue to make claims with no basis.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#14JonWood007Posted 5/5/2013 8:16:39 PM
Giving the Bible a free pass doesn't constitute "no basis."
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#15Polish_CrusaderPosted 5/5/2013 8:26:30 PM
1.)Whats wrong with believing in modern day miracles? God said he will give people miracles.

1 Corinthians 12:8-10
1 Corinthians 12:4-6
2 Timothy 1:6

2.)What is wrong with giving the bible a free pass? Its a brilliant historical document. I find it much harder to give a free pass to a guy that claims the earth is billions of years old and humans descended from apes/primates, or fish, or birds, or ooze.
#16GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/5/2013 8:29:46 PM
2.)What is wrong with giving the bible a free pass? Its a brilliant historical document. I find it much harder to give a free pass to a guy that claims the earth is billions of years old and humans descended from apes/primates, or fish, or birds, or ooze.

-Siiiigh-
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#17Polish_CrusaderPosted 5/5/2013 8:36:49 PM
^ thats exactly what i did. A big long siiigghh.

Why cant atheists make up their minds? Did we come from ooze, monkeys, birds, fish, or ooze? It changes every couple of years. One guy i saw on tv said we came from crystals. Its just laughable. The earth is a brilliant one of a kind creation. There is not other planet that has exactly what the earth has (all different climates, tons of water, intelligent living beings, etc.) in the entire universe (so far discovered anyway). Creations are made by a creator. That creator is God (yahweh), and his son is Jesus.
#18Faust_8Posted 5/5/2013 9:13:56 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...

Why cant atheists make up their minds? Did we come from ooze, monkeys, birds, fish, or ooze? It changes every couple of years. One guy i saw on tv said we came from crystals. Its just laughable. The earth is a brilliant one of a kind creation. There is not other planet that has exactly what the earth has (all different climates, tons of water, intelligent living beings, etc.) in the entire universe (so far discovered anyway). Creations are made by a creator. That creator is God (yahweh), and his son is Jesus.

Sigh...(again)

1) No one says we came from birds. Ever. I'd love to see you find someone who did.

2) Monkeys/apes, fish, "ooze"...is all yes. It just depends on how far back you're talking about. That's not changing the answers at all. Everything started out in a carbon-rich soup, then much later came fish, then much later came the mammals and apes. There is an unbroken thread, and they're all part of that thread. They're all correct answers, just in different points in time.

3) This has nothing to do with atheism, you twit. The VAST MAJORITY of Christians think you're a twit too.

4) We've explored/seen 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the known universe, saying we've found nothing yet is utterly meaningless. It's amazing that we even know of places that could possibly have life or have had life, like Mars and Titan.

5) Creations are made by a creator is just tautology. Once you prove the universe is a creation it might actually mean something.

And so on. Your close-minded, ignorant worldview has a million holes, we only have to point out whichever ones you're drawing from.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#19GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/5/2013 9:34:14 PM

You call this world brilliant, but you put forth no effort in trying to understand anything about it. I don't think there's a creator, but if there is, any scientist is a hell of a lot more appreciative of his work than you are.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#20Polish_CrusaderPosted 5/5/2013 9:42:07 PM
Call me close minded all you want. I know what i believe and why i believe. I have seen miracles with my own eyes that have no scientific explanation. I know we did not come from monkeys, fish, ooze, etc. because that does not make sense. Why isnt there any inbetween skeletons (there should be thousands)? Why are those things not creating humans now? Why cant ooze that creates people/fish whatnot recreatable? Real science has to be duplicatable/recreatable or else it is not science. I learned that in physics class in high school.

The God of the bible is the creator of this universe. I have seen his works. There is nothing you can do to tell me otherwise. Your words are full of ignorance and just repeats of what other nonbelievers told you on television/school, etc.