This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In all seriousness, why do evangelical Christians support Israel and Jews when..

#11bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 6:44:42 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
bsballa09 posted...
C_Mat posted...
bsballa09 posted...
They know full well what will happen to Jews in the end days?

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. There are many things you could mean by this, so I honestly don't know how to respond.

I don't know, the suffering and mass killings for one.

O.o we dont want you guys to suffer or die

Whethee or not you want it, that's ultimately what will happen.
---
its good for science not to have important discoveries fall into the hands of a blood thirsty country with no morals - lulzbo
#12Moorish_IdolPosted 5/8/2013 8:17:40 PM
bsballa09 posted...

So what do you propose Christians do instead?
#13Chaos ScadePosted 5/9/2013 2:12:40 AM
bcoz didnt u no dat it is anti-semitic to not believe dat judaisms claim dat the jews are still da chozen ppl and u r pretty much hitler if you disagree

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/167812#.UYlIq7XvvuR
#14EastsideslingerPosted 5/9/2013 7:22:47 AM
Moorish_Idol posted...
bsballa09 posted...

quite obsessing over the ends times (or at the very least quit trying to artifically bring it about) and focus on makein the world a better place?
---
"That's Mushy Snugglebites' badonkadonk. She's my main squeeze. Lady's got a gut fulla' dynamite and a booty like POOOW!" - Tiny Tina
#15TheRealJiraiyaPosted 5/9/2013 7:31:44 AM
Eastsideslinger posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
bsballa09 posted...

quite obsessing over the ends times (or at the very least quit trying to artifically bring it about) and focus on makein the world a better place?

Who are you talking to? I know it isnt me and the millions of other Christians who are already doing as you described
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#16bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 10:10:36 AM(edited)
Chaos Scade posted...
bcoz didnt u no dat it is anti-semitic to not believe dat judaisms claim dat the jews are still da chozen ppl and u r pretty much hitler if you disagree

It's more hypocritical than it is anti-Semitic. Saying nobody has a divine right to land when they believe Jesus has a divine right to rule over Israel and the world, both of which was said from the same God mind you.
---
its good for science not to have important discoveries fall into the hands of a blood thirsty country with no morals - lulzbo
#17Chaos ScadePosted 5/9/2013 10:13:09 AM
Chaos Scade posted...

It's more hypocritical than it is anti-Semitic. Saying nobody has a divine right to land when they believe Jesus has a divine right to rule over Israel and the world, both of which was said from the same God mind you.

um that's not hypocritical at all seeing as Jesus is God and is the person who created the land in the first place and entrusted it to the Children of Israel omg

anyway i'm not sure what the Church of Scotland's eschatology is but I know that for us we don't consider the Jewish nation to inherently be the biblical Israel anymore so
#18bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 10:31:59 AM
um that's not hypocritical at all seeing as Jesus is God and is the person who created the land in the first place and entrusted it to the Children of Israel omg

Yes, it is completely hypocritical. Otherwise they wouldn't have needed to point out that the messiah will rule over Israel in the first place.

anyway i'm not sure what the Church of Scotland's eschatology is but I know that for us we don't consider the Jewish nation to inherently be the biblical Israel anymore so

Doesn't matter what the eschatology is. Jews are the biblical Israelites, unless they don't believe in history and science.
---
#19Chaos ScadePosted 5/9/2013 10:44:25 AM
Doesn't matter what the eschatology is. Jews are the biblical Israelites, unless they don't believe in history and science.

is this really how simplistically you think?
#20bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 10:46:13 AM
Chaos Scade posted...

is this really how simplistically you think?

Yes, history and science is that simple.
---