This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In all seriousness, why do evangelical Christians support Israel and Jews when..

#31AynRandySavagePosted 5/9/2013 11:36:03 AM
Chaos Scade posted...
Chaos Scade posted...
tommytcph posted...
When they say that Jews who refuse to turn to Christ at the end times will experience the mother of all holocausts, then you shouldn't mince words about their intentions.

Give me a break. I've never heard an Evangelical say this. In fact, Evangelicals tend to be most optimistic about Jews. It's the Gentiles who refuse to turn to Christ who will experience the mother of all holocausts. The Jews will turn to Christ en masse. Of course, this is dispensationalist eschatology, which I don't buy at all. I don't think God treats Jews and Gentiles any differently.

You're engaging in special pleading. There's nothing there about every single Jew turning to Christianity. Those that don't will be destroyed along with all the rest of the unsaved.

did u miss the part where he said he doesn't actually believe in the dispensationalist narrative?

I don't care what *he* believes

you're telling him that he's engaging in special pleading, when really all that he is doing is saying what the standard dispensationalist take on the status of the Jewish people at the end of everything seems to be

so you do seem to care what *he* believes, you just seemed to misunderstand the fact that he doesn't believe in the doctrine that he's describing

Rather, I care that he's misunderstanding the doctrine that he's describing.
#32Chaos ScadePosted 5/9/2013 11:39:43 AM

What doctrine do you actually think he's describing? When you say "there's nothing there about every single Jew turning to Christianity," what do you mean by "there"? Because I think we'd agree that such an interpretation isn't biblical.
#33AynRandySavagePosted 5/9/2013 11:41:16 AM
Chaos Scade posted...

What doctrine do you actually think he's describing? When you say "there's nothing there about every single Jew turning to Christianity," what do you mean by "there"? Because I think we'd agree that such an interpretation isn't biblical.

In the doctrines espoused by Evangelical Christians like Pat Robertson, John Hagee, etc.
#34tommytcphPosted 5/9/2013 11:59:00 AM
Ayn, I can't speak for Pat Robertson, but the worst that you seem to be describing is that "God will treat the Jews like any other race." Even if every Jew isn't saved, Evangelicals still believe that the majority will be on the Last Day, while the majority of Gentiles will be damned. Seems a bit silly to claim that the Jews get treated especially badly according to the dispensationalist narrative.
#35AynRandySavagePosted 5/9/2013 12:17:55 PM
tommytcph posted...
Ayn, I can't speak for Pat Robertson, but the worst that you seem to be describing is that "God will treat the Jews like any other race." Even if every Jew isn't saved, Evangelicals still believe that the majority will be on the Last Day, while the majority of Gentiles will be damned. Seems a bit silly to claim that the Jews get treated especially badly according to the dispensationalist narrative.

Hagee and others have specifically said that Israel will be destroyed, and the majority of Jews will be brutally killed before the end.
#36tommytcphPosted 5/9/2013 12:19:15 PM
If true, ah well then. They're nutbags anyway.
#37AynRandySavagePosted 5/9/2013 12:37:06 PM
Why is their end times prophecy any nuttier than yours?
#38tommytcphPosted 5/9/2013 12:52:49 PM
What do you think my "end times prophecy" is?
#39CorporateKnightPosted 5/9/2013 9:03:13 PM
AynRandySavage posted...

So salty
#40AynRandySavagePosted 5/9/2013 10:13:11 PM
CorporateKnight posted...
AynRandySavage posted...

So salty

He's the one calling people nutbags.