This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why didn't protestants make their own "Vatican"?

#1bsballa09Posted 5/19/2013 10:38:51 AM
Did Catholics get the structure of Catholic Church from the New Testament? If so, why didn't protestants create their own Catholic Church? Wouldn't not following what the New Testament says be against it?
---
its good for science not to have important discoveries [cure for cancer] fall into the hands of a blood thirsty country with no morals - lulzbo
#2Polish_CrusaderPosted 5/19/2013 10:41:42 AM
probably because it is unnecessary to spread the gospel. One of the points of being a christian is to save the world from hell, not create politics.
#3Resident WeevilPosted 5/19/2013 10:44:45 AM
Because with all the different denominations, there 'd be thousands of protestant vaticans. Unless you mean a 'one vatican to rule them all' in which case, that won't work either. They all broke off from each other for a reason.
---
HP/MP restored!
...but you're still hungry
#4Polish_CrusaderPosted 5/19/2013 10:46:39 AM
^^^

which is exactly why i am non denominational. Denominations are stupid, and arguing amongst areselves is against the bible.
#5SilviiroPosted 5/19/2013 10:59:52 AM
The New Testament structure ends at the Elder/Priest/Bishop level.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#6WelshGamer82Posted 5/19/2013 11:06:00 AM
Didn't need one.
#7CorporateKnightPosted 5/19/2013 12:00:24 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
^^^

which is exactly why i am non denominational. Denominations are stupid, and arguing amongst areselves is against the bible.

Dude, non-denominational is a denomination. smh
#8SilviiroPosted 5/19/2013 12:50:04 PM

That doesn't make any sense. That's like saying "non-Americans are American."
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#9CorporateKnightPosted 5/19/2013 12:59:06 PM
Silviiro posted...

That doesn't make any sense. That's like saying "non-Americans are American."

Not in theology. Every denomination claims to be the One True Faith/Church, even the non-denominationals. Though, non-denominationalism is Low-Church mild Evangelical "theology", just without a proper Church.
#10LosingStreak06Posted 5/19/2013 12:59:24 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
i am non denominational

Color me unsurprised.
---
Show me your might! Give me your best shot!
You call this a fight? I said your best shot!