This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There is a gay couple in the Bible.

#121SirThinkALotPosted 5/23/2013 6:36:10 AM
bratt100 posted...
SirThinkALot posted...
bratt100 posted...
SirThinkALot posted...The complete absence of a sex drive and little to no interest in sex are pretty much the same thing.

your the fool who said lesbians don't exist.

No I didnt.

Sorry if I misplaced the quote..I don't really feel like going through all the posts just to find it. The person said that " lesbians don't exist, they are all bisexual"

Well I did say that women are much more likely to be bi-sexual than lesbian, but thats not to say that lesbians dont exist, just just there are far fewer of them than bi-sexual women. Curiously in men its the oppisit, men are much more likely to be gay than bi-sexual.

I'm surprised there was any confusion on that point, because I thought it was fairly well known.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#122TheRealJiraiyaPosted 5/23/2013 7:40:38 AM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Yeah, I think that is not the reason why only male homosexuality is addressed. I believe it is because of the context - with polygamy such a common thing, female homosexuality was probably most often manifested in the form of wives blowing off sexual steam while waiting their turn in bed - plus banning female homosexuality would have been weird for men who wanted to have multiple wives in bed at once.

Male homosexuality, on the other hand, was most often seen in situations like pederasty, and they were probably also familiar with stories of conquering generals sexually subjugating the leaders they conquered.

Given that the Hebrew word used for "abomination" here specifically refers to a cultural abomination or, to cite the Talmudic Jews, something that leads to a cultural abomination (that is, instrumental "abominations" as well as intrinsic "abominations", with "abomination" meaning something they, as a culture, should abstain from, rather than objective morality), this interpretation fits best in the overall OT.

Was this responded to?
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#123C_MatPosted 5/23/2013 12:11:36 PM
DarkContractor posted...
that's exactly what im saying. we have tons of evidence for homosexuality being natural.

What do you mean by natural? It might be psychological. I haven't seen any evidence that it's genetic, otherwise identical twins would always have identical sexualities.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#124C_MatPosted 5/23/2013 12:11:44 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Was this responded to?

I did right underneath that post, but I didn't put it in a quote box so maybe it wasn't very obvious.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#125DarkContractorPosted 5/23/2013 3:20:12 PM
DarkContractor posted...
that's exactly what im saying. we have tons of evidence for homosexuality being natural.

What do you mean by natural? It might be psychological. I haven't seen any evidence that it's genetic, otherwise identical twins would always have identical sexualities.

there is evidence, I'll google it for you later because I just got home from a longass shift. But also, last time we really discussed sexuality, it was pointed out that mutations still occur after a single egg splits. Also, sexuality CAN be determined by genetics, but not always. It also has to do with the way you're brought up, not necessarily "LOL IF YOU SEE DUDES KISSING WHEN YOURE LITTLE ITLL MAKE YOUR PECKER HARD WHEN YOU TURN 13" or some 4chan **** like that, but a ton of factors.

But you're a YEC, so I don't really expect you to ever find evidence for anything based on genetics.
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya
#126the_hedonistPosted 5/23/2013 4:09:57 PM
I don't think, in Romans 1, Paul was using 'natural' the way we might use it. The fact that homosexuality occurs in animals does not mean it is 'natural.' It may mean that it occurs in nature, according to our common way of speaking, but perhaps not according to the way Paul used the word.

It seems to me (and I can pull out the good ole' lexicon in the next couple of days to look up more incidences of the word phusin, but right now I'm nowhere near it) that Paul must have known that homosexual relations occur (considering he talks about its occurrence by implication). The question is not whether homosexuality occurs, but the question is whether it is in accordance with God's design for humanity. Because of the fall, what is God's design by nature does not always happen; and this is perhaps extended to animals (as all creation was subjected to futility because of the sin of man, not just man himself). It is a moot point that homosexuality occurs, in my opinion.
---
"Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart - His wounds have paid my ransom."
#127bratt100Posted 5/23/2013 4:39:31 PM
the_hedonist posted...
I don't think, in Romans 1, Paul was using 'natural' the way we might use it. The fact that homosexuality occurs in animals does not mean it is 'natural.' It may mean that it occurs in nature, according to our common way of speaking, but perhaps not according to the way Paul used the word.

It seems to me (and I can pull out the good ole' lexicon in the next couple of days to look up more incidences of the word phusin, but right now I'm nowhere near it) that Paul must have known that homosexual relations occur (considering he talks about its occurrence by implication). The question is not whether homosexuality occurs, but the question is whether it is in accordance with God's design for humanity. Because of the fall, what is God's design by nature does not always happen; and this is perhaps extended to animals (as all creation was subjected to futility because of the sin of man, not just man himself). It is a moot point that homosexuality occurs, in my opinion.

Thankfully less and less people are using nonsense to justify their bigotry.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape