This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C_Mat: You're a YEC. Can you explain and prove creationism?

#1FingerpuppetPosted 5/20/2013 10:29:51 AM
A little request.
---
"Not knowing something is one thing, refusing to know about it while pretending that you do is something I'd call stupidity." -Faust_8
#2Faust_8Posted 5/23/2013 6:41:18 PM
Bump.

Not only should C_Mat learn this, but EVERY creationist needs to learn this--you don't prove creationism just by rejecting evolution.

If we disproved gravity that wouldn't prove Intelligent Falling.

If we disproved chemistry that wouldn't prove alchemy.

So to reiterate, just because you feel like you've disproved evolution (please, go get your Nobel Prize!) or just don't feel it holds water, that does not justify believing in creationism.

You know what does? Justifying creationism.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#3JonWood007Posted 5/23/2013 7:10:43 PM
I like how he completely ignored this topic. Lol. Just lol.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#4bratt100Posted 5/24/2013 3:58:13 AM
Yeah don't expect him to attempt the impossible.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#5Faust_8Posted 5/24/2013 7:59:21 AM
He doesn't think it is. Besides, if he ignores this, we still win. It still shows he doesn't have a single reason to believe what he does.
---
You are the universe
#6GuideToTheDarkPosted 5/24/2013 8:04:57 AM
If he believes in something demonstrably irrational, you think he'll actually care about what you guys say? Silly topic.
---
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.
#7Faust_8Posted 5/24/2013 8:12:47 AM
We know he doesn't listen to a LOT of people. (It's the only way to be a YEC.) We just want everyone to realize it.

Someone who closes their mind has no business entering the minds of others.
---
You are the universe
#8Fingerpuppet(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 8:13:23 AM
What shall we do why we wait for him?
---
"Not knowing something is one thing, refusing to know about it while pretending that you do is something I'd call stupidity." -Faust_8
#9OrangeWizardPosted 5/26/2013 8:15:17 AM
It still shows he doesn't have a single reason to believe what he does.

Just because he doesn't come into this topic to defend himself doesn't mean that he CAN'T defend himself.

Don't you know elementary logic?
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#10Fingerpuppet(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 8:21:19 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
It still shows he doesn't have a single reason to believe what he does.

Just because he doesn't come into this topic to defend himself doesn't mean that he CAN'T defend himself.

Don't you know elementary logic?

But people who refuse to explain themselves time and again probably shouldn't be held to a high standard.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/2131-confronting-the-woo-woos-head-on.html

In short: Jack Myers made very public, disparaging and insulting remarks about my integrity on his widely-read Internet site, offering me no opportunity to refute his lies, then he made me a challenge. I immediately responded affirmatively, he reneged, and then he failed to pay the $1,000 forfeit to the JREF that hed promised. I must say that Jack Myers has met my every expectation.
---