This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christians, what are some prophecies that have been/are being fulfilled...

#1bsballa09Posted 5/22/2013 5:49:27 PM
That indicate the end times are coming? The ones I hear the most is that there is an increase in war and natural disasters. What else is there?
---
its good for science not to have important discoveries [cure for cancer] fall into the hands of a blood thirsty country with no morals - lulzbo
#2Polish_CrusaderPosted 5/22/2013 6:05:58 PM
1st- completed prophecies do not exactly indicate the end times/ end of the world. There is only one verse in the whole bible that hints what exact time the end of the world will come- Matthew 24:14

2nd- The most obvious one to answer your questions, is the recreation of israel, which came to fruition in 1948-
Jeremiah 32:36-42
Ezekiel 34:13

http://www.100prophecies.org/page5.htm
#3DarkContractorPosted 5/22/2013 6:56:40 PM(edited)
1st- completed prophecies do not exactly indicate the end times/ end of the world. There is only one verse in the whole bible that hints what exact time the end of the world will come- Matthew 24:14

Blatantly wrong.

First, Paul thought that prophecy had already occurred, Romans 1:8, Romans 10:18, and the early Christians believed they were commissioned to tell the whole world, not just start up the Great Commission for later generations, but they would be doing the lot of it.

Mark 9:1
Mark 13:30 (also worth noting. A lot of Christians like to play the context card when an atheist tries to apply a verse to our current understanding of reality. Then why don't we be unbiased and apply the context here? Jesus was in fact warning the disciples of end times. If the disciples were not going to experience it, why would he warn them of it?)
Mark 14:62
Matthew 10:5-6
Matthew 10:23
Matthew 12:41-42
Matthew 16:27-28 (some people like to say that verse 28 was simply referring to the transfiguration, but verse 27 disproves such a notion)
Matthew 23:35-36 (it seems like they wouldn't be able to be held accountable for the persecution of Godly men today, would they? However, verse 36 confirms this)
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya
#4IamvegitoPosted 5/22/2013 6:41:46 PM
Prophecy never meant "this is what will happen." It's a criticism of the status quo, a promise of change. Walter Brueggemann, the preeminent Bible scholar, explains this very well in his The Prophetic Imagination. Check it out.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#5TheRealJiraiyaPosted 5/22/2013 8:47:01 PM
DarkContractor posted...

Blatantly wrong.

First, Paul thought that prophecy had already occurred, Romans 1:8, Romans 10:18, and the early Christians believed they were commissioned to tell the whole world, not just start up the Great Commission for later generations, but they would be doing the lot of it.

Mark 13:30 (also worth noting. A lot of Christians like to play the context card when an atheist tries to apply a verse to our current understanding of reality. Then why don't we be unbiased and apply the context here? Jesus was in fact warning the disciples of end times. If the disciples were not going to experience it, why would he warn them of it?)
Matthew 16:27-28 (some people like to say that verse 28 was simply referring to the transfiguration, but verse 27 disproves such a notion)
Matthew 23:35-36 (it seems like they wouldn't be able to be held accountable for the persecution of Godly men today, would they? However, verse 36 confirms this)

Interested in hearing how you would have rebutted this a few months ago.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#6SirThinkALotPosted 5/22/2013 9:49:39 PM
I think most of the so-called 'end times' prophecies have already been fulfilled.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#7actarusPosted 5/22/2013 10:25:49 PM
The destruction of Damascus.
The European Union (the last reunion of the Roman Empire)
The rise of the new King of the South (the Mahdi) and the prince of the EU(King of the North)
The false peace covenant in Jerusalem with prince of the EU.
Ecumenism and less tolerance toward the Saints who keeps the commandments.
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#8imhungry24-7Posted 5/23/2013 11:15:48 AM
This is just a short list of all the ones I can think of.

There is supposed to be an great apostasy. 2 Thessalonians 2: 3 LDS(Mormons) believe this has happened and Joseph Smith restored the church after the Disciples of Christ had been murdered, which ushered in a great apostasy.

False Christs and Prophets. Mathew 24: 24

Two prophets in Jerusalem will be slain and after 3 and a half days they will be resurrected. Revelation 11: 3-11
---
"Whoah! Where's my Dingus?" -Finn the Human
#9hunter_gohanPosted 5/23/2013 11:43:25 AM
actarus posted...
The European Union (the last reunion of the Roman Empire)

lol what? Could you stretch things to fit what you want anymore? The EU is in no way related or similar to the Roman Empire. The last reunion of the Roman Empire was in 395 btw.
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.
#10DarkContractorPosted 5/23/2013 3:22:16 PM
DarkContractor posted...

Blatantly wrong.

Interested in hearing how you would have rebutted this a few months ago.

i yelled liek s00per lawd didja hear me?!Q?!?!?!?!?!?
---
"If God exists why did I stub my toe this morning?" - Me "Well If God doesnt exist how do we bacon CHECKMATE ATHEISTS" - TheRealJiraiya