This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mayim Bialik (Big Bang Theory) weighs in on Genesis creation account

#11OrangeWizardPosted 6/12/2013 5:40:06 PM

You know what, your right.

My right what?
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#12Polish_CrusaderPosted 6/12/2013 5:42:13 PM
bratt100 posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...
I dont have to justify why i belief gods creation in opposition to evolutionary theory. Gods miraculous works are enough for me.

If you are driving in a car at highway speed and stick your hand out the window do you feel something? Yes ofcourse, it feels like a solid object in your hand. But you cant see it. So how do you know anything is there? Its because what you feel is the wind. I know the wind is real even though i cant see it. Put 2 and 2 together.

Christians really need to stop attempting to be all scientific and trying to sound cool. This is not the science board. Gods word and miracles are enough for me and they should be enough for you. Science by pracitce is mans explanation of the universe. Creation is gods explanation. There is an inherent conflict of interest there. Stop trying to sound cool, folks. Just search for the truth of God, accept it, and move on.

And it doesn't bug you that "gods word" describes things that never actually happened in any literal way.

Everything in Gods Word is 100% true. From adam to revelation.
#13Polish_CrusaderPosted 6/12/2013 5:42:46 PM
OrangeWizard posted...

You know what, your right.

My right what?

You really are a terrible troll. For cryin out loud. Just cut it out.
#14OrangeWizardPosted 6/12/2013 5:58:47 PM
Terrible how? Terrible like "You're a terrible person" or terrible like "You're bad at this?"
---
#15Polish_CrusaderPosted 6/12/2013 5:59:44 PM
Terrible as in- that is not what you should be doing. That is not nice for this board. You should stop trollin in serious questions/situations like this. Following God and trolling are not compatiable.
#16OrangeWizardPosted 6/12/2013 6:03:58 PM
that is not what you should be doing

For a troll or for a regular person?

Following God and trolling are not compatiable.

1 Kings 18:27
---
#17FlashOfLightPosted 6/12/2013 6:19:55 PM
OrangeWizard posted...

Can you easily debunk it then?

From what I said via following the argument, to which time period attached to it - that people want to give it- applies to "day". Whoever uses that as a crappy argument first has to get their story straight on how the accepted timeline for the universe, and the Bible's timeline match up. Whoever uses that argument, has to go further than just saying "both are compatible" and has to break down their definition of "day" into the 13.77 billion year old hypothesis.

Nobody knows. What is this, an appeal to ignorance?

What do you mean, nobody knows? The God of the Bible is a SURE God, he doesn't play around with maybe's, if's, or could be's, he is THE standard and authority giver, if HE can't get his definition of a day straight, then as a current US President has said "We're going to have some problems here."

How does it contradict science on when plants first appeared?

It contradicts it, because according to "science" the diversity of plant life did not all come at the same time, as this handy dandy chart shows -

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F8dj6OSY99g/T1wt_bD82GI/AAAAAAAAACc/vcV6JC8f_wg/s1600/Plant+Timeline.jpg

Whereas the living God of the Bible makes it clear that he, instead, in contradiction to the above, created plant life ready to go, with every seed in its place, on the third day.

Now, if the theory featured in the video holds any water, those who believe in such a harmony have to first state exactly what period all plant life was created, and how long that was, according to their line of thinking, and then they have to explain how sea life and birds and land life appeared in relation to that same period they set up, because the God of the Bible makes a distinction in when they were created.
---
The internet - Tell THEM everything ;)
#18kozlo100Posted 6/12/2013 6:21:37 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
1 Kings 18:27

Nice.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#19bratt100Posted 6/12/2013 6:32:59 PM
It also contradicts the fact that flowering plants require insects and animals to reproduce so the gap between days would only be a month or two. Which makes earth even younger...damn Sumerians getting in the way of creation.
---
"If the victim was a mute, then she shouldn't really be out alone."- OrangeWizard on rape
#20FlashOfLightPosted 6/12/2013 6:34:12 PM
Psalms 19:7

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple."

Does everyone get that? It is a sure testimony, what is God's testimony? How he created all things, and how long he did so in.

If the "days" in Genesis can be periods of "3.7 billions years" + maybe another of "500 million years", then that would rip God's testimony right out of the Bible's page.
---
The internet - Tell THEM everything ;)