This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So in 50 years if nanotechnology can repair aging cells making us immortal...

#11darkmaian23Posted 6/29/2013 12:18:07 AM
LinkFanatic posted...
No. I am quite content with death, and not because I am unhappy.

Why do you say that? Are you content with dying because of some religious belief? If not, I find your statement puzzling.
#12rick alveradoPosted 6/29/2013 12:30:15 AM
I have no problem with dying but I'd take the treatment. Presumably I'll eventually die anyway from an accident or the end of the universe or something.
---
http://geekandsundry.com/vlogger/eric-joshua-barkman
If you're interested in a Vlog on the Marvel Cinematic Universe go here to vote.
#13gamesrgreatPosted 6/29/2013 1:31:07 AM
Yes. Presumably I'd also have the tech to put myself into extended comas AKA SUSPENDED ANIMATION so it wouldn't be too bad. If immortality gets boring I can just take naps and wake up when stuff is interesting
---
D-Jesus aka Flash aka 3, Christ Bosh aka the Prophet aka Raptor Jesus, King James 3:16 The Miami Heat 2012 and 2013 Champs
#14Moorish_IdolPosted 6/29/2013 1:51:20 AM
In 50 years I will be in my late 70s. I don't want to be an eternal 70 year old. Please let me die.
#15LinkFanaticPosted 6/29/2013 2:04:59 AM
darkmaian23 posted...
LinkFanatic posted...
No. I am quite content with death, and not because I am unhappy.

Why do you say that? Are you content with dying because of some religious belief? If not, I find your statement puzzling.

I'm an atheist, and I am content with dying because it's inevitable. I find the world monotonous as it is, so there's no reason to needlessly prolong things.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#16DagorhaPosted 6/29/2013 8:02:45 AM
Yes, at least until the point that I get sick of living.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#17Magyar15Posted 6/29/2013 9:22:28 AM
I might take it. It would give me more time to help people
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#18Mei_von_KarmaPosted 6/29/2013 9:59:28 AM
Yes, and preferably I'd like to live to the point where we can transfer our consciousness into a computer. I'd love to live in a virtual playground for all eternity... it's the closest thing to heaven I can believe in.
#19Polish_CrusaderPosted 6/29/2013 10:05:01 AM
lol i wouldnt want to live forever on this earth. I would rather go to heaven.

Who would want to live forever down here? The only ones who are afraid of where they will go when they die, thats who.
#20C_MatPosted 6/29/2013 10:06:04 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
C_Mat posted...
No way, I'd much rather be in Heaven than here.

Whos to say heaven actually exists? Would suck if it didnt, but youd never know since youd cease to exist.

You might have a wild DMT trip making you think you go to heaven, then when you approach the bright light everything fades away and thats the end of you.

Id much prefer immortality.

I am worried however, that this technology may become available before we populate other planets. Population control would need to be crazzy strict

yolo#

The Christian heaven is so wonderful, it would be worth risking non-existence. Even I'd I was 90% sure I was going to stop existing and only 10% sure I'd go to Heaven, it would still be worth the risk.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk