This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another paedophile scandal... this time in Rome.

#1ThuggernautzPosted 6/28/2013 8:46:32 AM
Whelp, time for another round of pin the jail sentence on the pedo-clergy.

http://www.cathnewsusa.com/2013/06/vatican-rentboy-and-satanism-claims-revealed-by-priest/
#2Thuggernautz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 8:53:51 AM
Oh, and also money smuggling in the Vatican. Not the greatest year for being corrupt in ye olde Vatican City, methinks:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_VATICAN_BANK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-06-28-05-37-15
#3Darklit_AnguishPosted 6/28/2013 11:21:00 AM
Why is the vatican still allowed to exist? You'd think the pope would be thrown in jail by now
#4kozlo100Posted 6/28/2013 11:23:32 AM
Darklit_Anguish posted...
Why is the vatican still allowed to exist? You'd think the pope would be thrown in jail by now

Thrown in jail by whom? He's the ruler of a sovereign state.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#5Thuggernautz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 11:29:22 AM
And to be fair, the current Pope is a helluva lot better than his predecessor and I actually like his disposition.

Unfortunately, some clergy are corrupt and criminal, and the Pope needs to denounce these people, support thorough investigations and stop the covering up and protection of the accused.
#6kozlo100Posted 6/28/2013 11:42:27 AM
Yea, this new guy, I think he's going to do as much good as they'll let him. Something like the Catholic church has an awful lot of momentum though, even a Pope can't make it turn on a dime.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#7IndoriPosted 6/28/2013 1:58:29 PM

Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't executed Obama for all the crimes committed in his country.
---
Me? I'm the king of the twentieth century.
I'm the bogeyman. The villain.
#8chareyPosted 6/28/2013 10:24:20 PM
The Vatican is a country, the pope is the head of state with no method of being removed from power besides death or resignation. Almost no pope resigns.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#9OrangeWizardPosted 6/29/2013 7:32:28 PM
>This time in Rome
Isn't the Vatican in Rome?
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#10DarkContractorPosted 6/29/2013 7:47:15 PM
charey posted...
The Vatican is a country, the pope is the head of state with no method of being removed from power besides death or resignation. Almost no pope resigns.

Now if a Muslim country protected pedophiles and basically pulled the stunts the Vatican pulls, sometimes citing religious reasons, I can just imagine the reactions Christians would have.
---
http://counteringchristianity.blogspot.com/ - My blog.