This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best way to read the Bible?

#31kts123Posted 7/9/2013 8:33:55 AM
toxicpie posted...
I tried to just do it in order (Genesis, then Exodus etc.) but I've heard that's the wrong way to go about it. Apparently it is good to read all the Gospels first, then Genesis then more of the New Testament but after that I really don't know. I was also going to read a Psalm a day.
Any suggestions from Christians, ex-Christians and even atheists who read the Bible as a historical document would be very much appreciated!
Thank you!

I usually read through Genesis - Revelation.

I think the key is to actually read it. I mean, stick with it. It's like people arguing about the best diet/exercise routine. Better to diet and exercise imperfectly and stick with it, than to diet and exercise by the book and burnout and quit. Let your reading habits be something you can live with. Skip genealogies if they bore you too much, don't sweat the temple layouts if they're making you want to quit. Make your reading habits something you can live with.
#32TaitaoPosted 7/11/2013 6:59:48 PM
What's the best way to read the Bible?

Learn Hebrew
---
Jtf.org Only JTF tells the truth, the whole truth.
#33mrplainswalkerPosted 7/18/2013 3:56:31 PM
C_Mat posted...
Not true, I think you'd have to be pretty dumb not to see the obvious Jesus parallels throughout the OT.

I think you'd probably have to be dumber still to not realize that Jesus was not alive when the old testament was written.
---
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica