This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some help... losing faith.

#91FingerpuppetPosted 7/14/2013 5:55:31 PM
Now I'm not saying that he's a troll, but I'll just leave this here...

User Name Moisten
User ID 6732944
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:23 PM
Last Visit Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:59 PM
Karma 10
Active Messages Posted 17

---
"Not knowing something is one thing, refusing to know about it while pretending that you do is something I'd call stupidity." -Faust_8
#92Wandering__HeroPosted 7/15/2013 2:58:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#93DG1upPosted 7/18/2013 5:01:08 PM
TC, I dont know if you'll accept this as legit advice or anything, but the simplest way for more faith is to ask God for more faith in Jesus' name. I do that a lot of the time, even when I feel like my faith is solid.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#94Moisten(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 5:38:26 PM
I just feel really stupid right now... Like I'm riding with Jesus, and I really love him, but I keep hearing, "How do I know?" in the back of my mind........... One day I'll hear a great sermon at Church or just have a great prayer session at home without anyone but me and God and I'm positive that God hears me moreso than anything. But then later on I keep asking myself "How do I know that wasn't just me?" and I can't find an answer.

I definitely think God is real, I just don't know if I'm praying to the right one or if he hears me...
#95chareyPosted 7/18/2013 11:15:15 PM
This topic got way off topic so this is back to the original topic of this topic.

I think what is happening is that you are losing the faith of your parents, this happens to everyone for a faith to survive it has to become your own faith.

My advice would be to look as deeply as you can into all of the religions, including your own and into why people become atheists.

The surface parts are going to be similar because that is what attracts people, the idea that this is the only right way and the only way to paradise. There will be things hidden in the religions that may shock or move you that will not be talked about by the preachers and teachers of various religions.

In the end the more you know the better, after your look past the surface it will be easier for you to find the truth. No one can tell you what is the right way you must decide for yourself what is true and what region is the one you need.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#96Wandering__HeroPosted 7/19/2013 3:41:26 PM
Moisten posted...
I just feel really stupid right now... Like I'm riding with Jesus, and I really love him, but I keep hearing, "How do I know?" in the back of my mind........... One day I'll hear a great sermon at Church or just have a great prayer session at home without anyone but me and God and I'm positive that God hears me moreso than anything. But then later on I keep asking myself "How do I know that wasn't just me?" and I can't find an answer.

I definitely think God is real, I just don't know if I'm praying to the right one or if he hears me...

I think every Christian goes through this, and its not always a bad thing as it can lead to us discarding the superficial trappings and becoming closer to God. Reflect on this, but when you pray, share all your thoughts with God, even the stuff you'd be afraid to share, and even if your doubts, if you keep heading forward this should help.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#97inferiorweaselPosted 7/21/2013 10:33:22 AM
For me I grew up with agnostic parents and atheist siblings.

so my journey to Christ was a long and trying path. But for me it was a combination of Archeology, Prophecy, and Jesus himself that convinced me, and has given me a faith to bear it all.

Just remember the Jews were the First Monotheistic group of their kind, and then through Jesus the Christians are the one and only religion in which God dwells within you (the holy spirit). The rest is all an attempt to pervert or twist the teachings of Jesus. And this is why his first warning is always against deception, and he warns that even the elect will be deceived.

I recommend you read the parable of the lost son, It's an incredible story of redemption and return to the lord, and how the Lord rejoices if even one lost sheep finds his/her way home.
---
Live and Learn / Forgiveness is Divine.
(Read those. If you still feel the same way.... Well, you are redcount. - Vyyk)