This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Muslim worshippers maliciously desecrate Jewish holy site. Upsets Jews.

#1UnfairRepresentPosted 7/13/2013 2:32:31 PM
Jewish worshippers who arrived at the Cave of Patriarchs in Hevron after Muslim prayers on Friday were horrified to find that the site had been vandalised. The Cave (known as Me'arat Hamakhpela in Hebrew) is usually split between Jewish and Muslim worshippers, but this past Friday it was open exclusively to Muslim worshippers in honour of Ramadan.

But when the Jewish section of the site was reopened, worshippers were horrified to find widespread desecration. Two mezuzot - cases containing Jewish holy scriptures affixed to the doorpost - had been torn off and stolen, and a third was damaged. Muslim worshippers had also thrown mud and garbage around the site, and uprooted parts of the garden outside.

Noam Arnon, a spokesperson for Hevron's Jewish community, called upon the government to take such acts of desecration "at least as seriously as the burning of carpets in a mosque" - a reference to the string of condemnations and promises of a crackdown by authorities against acts of vandalism on mosques by suspected Jewish extremists.

"After a 'Price Tag' attack everyone rushes to condemn - the government, Members of Knesset, even the Chief Rabbis - and the police promise to do 'everything in their power' to catch those responsible. The people of Hevron are waiting to see if they will react in the same way to this act of desecration."

Arnon added that such acts were commonplace, particularly during Muslim holidays. "I can't say that we're surprised, because this kind of thing happens after every Muslim festival. But we are still hoping that justice will be done."

The Cave of the Patriarchs is considered Judaism's second holiest site, after the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It is the burial place of the Jewish patriarchs - Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - as well as three of the four matriarchs - Sarah, Rebekah and Leah (the fourth, Rachel, is buried in Bethlehem).

Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/169886#.UeHTIqzAHms

http://mymorningmeditations.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/jewish-t-shirt.jpg

What makes me sad is the fact these two religions SHARED the site. What a powerful and inspiring message. "I believe this, and you believe that. Who cares? Let's stand side by side in the glory of God and live our lives."

Damn damn that's beautiful.

Only ruin and tarnish that... And so childishly too v_V

Would your Gods be proud of that?
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/45yVrRr.jpg
#2C_MatPosted 7/13/2013 3:07:45 PM
Just further proof to me that the Muslims are largely the problem in their disputes with Israel. They're the ones who have been firing hundreds/thousands of rockets for years into Israel. And when Israel finally started to fire them back last year, suddenly everybody noticed. I could go on and on about that. But anyway, according to the Bible, there will not be peace in the Middle East until the Antichrist shows up. So we will just have to wait this kind of stuff out for now.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#3ElderMisanthropyPosted 7/13/2013 8:00:20 PM
I'm sure they'll work out their differences in no time.
---
For Amuro, this is the first time he's noticed the scent of a woman.
#4IndoriPosted 7/15/2013 11:32:03 AM
By the way, did this topic remind anyone else of the 04 Punisher movie?

"Upset? I used to get upset when the Yankees won the Series!"
---
Me? I'm the king of the twentieth century.
I'm the bogeyman. The villain.
#5hermanooterPosted 7/18/2013 1:14:21 AM
Reminds me of that other cemetery in Paris where Chopin and Jim Morrison both just happen to be buried.
They say that one, Père-Lachaise is the most visited in the world, and apparently it's desecrated with far greater regularity as well.
It's pretty sad when two major world religions can't compete with Doors fans when it comes to old-timey graveyard pilgrimages/vandalism.
---
"For a hermeneut, you sure take the challah" - Polemos
#6JonWood007Posted 7/18/2013 10:10:45 AM(edited)
Fighting over their imaginary friends *sigh*, these religious conflicts are childish, scary, and depressing to we nonbelievers. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill and stop pissing each other off and starting these fruitless conflicts.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#7Jag85Posted 7/18/2013 11:26:32 AM
C_Mat posted...
Just further proof to me that the Muslims are largely the problem in their disputes with Israel. They're the ones who have been firing hundreds/thousands of rockets for years into Israel. And when Israel finally started to fire them back last year, suddenly everybody noticed. I could go on and on about that. But anyway, according to the Bible, there will not be peace in the Middle East until the Antichrist shows up. So we will just have to wait this kind of stuff out for now.

What "proof"? The "proof" that Israelis stole land from Palestinians? Or the "proof" that Israel forced Palestinians out of their homes? Or the "proof" that Israelis have killed far more than Arabs than the other way around and have been doing so for decades? Apparently only Israel has the right to fight back in "self-defense", but when Arabs fight back in self-defense, that's just "terrorism"...

And by the way, it's not just Muslims, but countless Christian Arabs have also been fighting against Israel, just so you know.
#8Jag85Posted 7/18/2013 11:29:04 AM
JonWood007 posted...
Fighting over their imaginary friends *sigh*, these religious conflicts are childish, scary, and depressing to we nonbelievers. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill and stop pissing each other off and starting these fruitless conflicts.

The same goes for nationalists. These nationalist conflicts our own governments are engaged in are even more childish, scary and depressing to those of us who aren't brainwashed nationalists.
#9kts123Posted 7/18/2013 1:47:04 PM
Jag85 posted...
JonWood007 posted...

The same goes for nationalists. These nationalist conflicts our own governments are engaged in are even more childish, scary and depressing to those of us who aren't brainwashed nationalists.

This.

Hard.
#10bsballa09Posted 7/18/2013 9:31:54 PM
Jag85 posted...
C_Mat posted...

What "proof"? The "proof" that Israelis stole land from Palestinians? Or the "proof" that Israel forced Palestinians out of their homes? Or the "proof" that Israelis have killed far more than Arabs than the other way around and have been doing so for decades? Apparently only Israel has the right to fight back in "self-defense", but when Arabs fight back in self-defense, that's just "terrorism"...

And by the way, it's not just Muslims, but countless Christian Arabs have also been fighting against Israel, just so you know.

Laugh.
---
Diet Coke does not taste like regular Coke. If they did, there wouldn't be a Diet Coke.