This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there is only one true god...

#21TheBlackCat13Posted 7/15/2013 11:49:57 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Oh look, you just completely ignored what I said the first time you claimed that, and then you went on to restate your argument!

Well if you're just going to ignore me, then I'll treat you the same way.

So says the person who admittedly can't even be bothered to keep track of his or her own posts from the same conversation.
---
Man Is The Lowest Cost, 150 Pound, Nonlinear, All-purpose Computer System Which Can Be Mass Produced By Unskilled Labor
-- NASA
#22_Rasl3rX_Posted 7/16/2013 2:43:10 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
I need audience participation for that.

Someone needs to bring out a claim made about the universe or humanity that's false, or moral teachings that are not demonstrably better, or how it fails to transcend "geography, culture, race, and gender". Someone needs to show how there isn't a start contract between it and any book written by human hands.

I don't have the time to measure the bible against every facet of the known universe.

evolution, since for some reason you think the Bible contradicts it.

anywho, the burden of proof is on you, not us. the bible could not contradict anything at all and there still wouldn't be evidence for Genesis or the Garden of Eden, for example.

Look, we know the only 'apologetics' you are capable of is hard nosed rationalization of any potential problems to your faith, but if you want to convince us the Bible is what it is you need evidence.
---
DarkContractor
#23_Rasl3rX_Posted 7/16/2013 2:49:59 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
Faust_8 posted...

...How long ago was that?

A few posts ago, in this very topic. Like posts number 4 and 5.

And you typically ignore most of what anyone says anyway and then just cherry pick what you want, so this isn't exactly anything new.

The unholy trinity of angstheists, you, jon and dark, sure do love to say that, don't you?

also i am seriously digging my new title
---
DarkContractor
#24OrangeWizardPosted 7/16/2013 7:33:39 AM
Faust_8 posted...

You call that ignoring? Try looking at post #8.

I quoted you from post #8. That's where you restated your argument.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#25OrangeWizardPosted 7/16/2013 7:37:30 AM
_Rasl3rX_ posted...

anywho, the burden of proof is on you, not us. the bible could not contradict anything at all and there still wouldn't be evidence for Genesis or the Garden of Eden, for example.

Good thing that I'm not trying to prove that the events of the bible are true, then.
---
#26Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 8:00:53 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
Faust_8 posted...

You call that ignoring? Try looking at post #8.

I quoted you from post #8. That's where you restated your argument.

You cherry picked it instead of paying attention to the important bits where I addressed your criticisms. I addressed your "it's the most translated book!" and "well I think it contains no faults!" arguments.

But alas, telling people to say something they've already said is one of your tactics.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#27OrangeWizardPosted 7/16/2013 8:14:01 AM
Faust_8 posted...
I addressed your "it's the most translated book!" and "well I think it contains no faults!" arguments.

You addressed TWO arguments?

Out of what, 8?
---
#28ThuggernautzPosted 7/16/2013 8:55:26 AM
OrangeWizard posted...

Out of what, 8?

I think you should work on not being so hypocritical. You are one of the worst on this board for chopping out and selectively answering people's arguments.
#29Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 9:18:42 AM
You didn't make 8 fundamentally different arguments.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#30_Rasl3rX_Posted 7/16/2013 12:01:47 PM
Thuggernautz posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

Out of what, 8?

I think you should work on not being so hypocritical. You are one of the worst on this board for chopping out and selectively answering people's arguments.

that makes 4 people! And he acts like we're just mudslingers.
---
DarkContractor