This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does 263 defines who is a Christian and who is not?

#21AynRandySavagePosted 7/15/2013 1:55:54 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
The original question is very simple. How do you determine what a christian is? See what gods word says is a christian and what is not.

Acts 11: 20-26 - where the term christian was first being used. Atleast in record.

Matthew 28:19-20 -what christ told us to do as christians. Christ is the boss.

God doesn't get the last say here.
#22Wandering__HeroPosted 7/15/2013 2:45:50 PM
C_Mat posted...
Wandering__Hero posted...
C_Mat posted...
I don't really think anyone should care how 263 defines who is a Christian.

It is a little unfair when someone like LMS comes to mock and insult th Christians, turn the mods on them, spread lies, harras atheists, disregard God's words, spam threads, care more about drawing attention to himself than actually convincing anyone(look at the pattern of his threads), hate Christians who rightfully rebuke and acts in ways he certainly does not act in real life (and notice he never responds to me when I ask how this goes down when he behaves in the real world? Or how he didn't even know Jesus had abolished the law of Talion? I mean they read that when several times a year, any Christian who even casually goes to church would know it), but certain atheists love to hold him up as our poster boy.

And the way some people try to use the Westboro Baptish Church against Christians. I mean you might as well hold up the KKK as representing white people.

I didn't care for LMS either, but I don't see what that has to do with my post. Maybe you quoted the wrong person and were trying to respond to someone else?

I qouted you because some people should not be considered Christians when they say they are but are nothing but a gaudy parody, an act in ways that imply they are essentially roleplaying on the internet.

Its kind of a hot button with me, because its a large target that many atheists will take the opportunity to fire at. For some he was the equivalent of a god send
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#23TheBlackCat13Posted 7/15/2013 3:09:58 PM
The original question is very simple. How do you determine what a christian is? See what gods word says is a christian and what is not.

Acts 11: 20-26 - where the term christian was first being used. Atleast in record.

If we are going this route, why can't we go with the tests the Bible sets forward on how to identify true believers, such as in Mark 16:17-18?
---
Man Is The Lowest Cost, 150 Pound, Nonlinear, All-purpose Computer System Which Can Be Mass Produced By Unskilled Labor
-- NASA
#24Moorish_IdolPosted 7/15/2013 3:20:50 PM
I qouted you because some people should not be considered Christians when they say they are but are nothing but a gaudy parody, an act in ways that imply they are essentially roleplaying on the internet.

Its kind of a hot button with me, because its a large target that many atheists will take the opportunity to fire at. For some he was the equivalent of a god send

I was one of the people who said I will call people Christians if they call themselves one.

I want to clarify that, personally, just because I let people define themselves doesn't mean I let them define their group. Don't mistake my approach as thinking all Christians are the same.

I think it's fairly obvious when people are parodying Christianity and/or trolling (and that's why block people like LMS). The atheists who latch on to obvious trolls are just looking for a convenient way to support their position through appealing to extremes, probably because they can't argue against actual non-parody Christians very well.
#25OrangeWizardPosted 7/15/2013 3:28:35 PM
TheBlackCat13 posted...

If we are going this route, why can't we go with the tests the Bible sets forward on how to identify true believers, such as in Mark 16:17-18?

Because if you read that verse in a bible, and not from an atheist website on the internet, you'll see that it has a very large disclaimer that says "WARNING: THIS VERSE ONLY APPEARS IN LATER MANUSCRIPTS AND IS PROBABLY COUNTERFEIT. "
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#26C_MatPosted 7/15/2013 11:13:21 PM

I agree; perhaps by my post, I wasn't clear enough. I meant that the Bible should be used to determine whether or not someone is a Christian, not 263's opinion. The book of 1 John outlines pretty well how to determine a Christian from a non-Christian. LMS was a Catholic anyway, and a troll, and I put him on ignore when I checked out things he wrote on other boards and realized he was capable of rational thought and high school level grammar.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#27Polish_CrusaderPosted 7/16/2013 2:55:40 PM
It doesnt matter what 263's opinion is. The bible defines what a christian is.

The truth is not a democracy.
---
Proverbs 14:12
#28CorporateKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 4:30:26 PM
It doesnt matter what 263's opinion is. The bible defines what a christian is.

The truth is not a democracy.

No, it matters. Not all denominations believe the Bible contains everything, or is to be considered the only source of Truth.
#29SirThinkALotPosted 7/17/2013 9:34:40 AM
TheBlackCat13 posted...

Perhaps because that wasnt originally part of Marks Gospel?
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#30CorporateKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 7:22:25 PM
SirThinkALot posted...
Perhaps because that wasnt originally part of Marks Gospel?

That doesn't matter. We aren't in a exclusive Protestant or Quasi-Protestant topic, I addressed 263 in general.