This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions on the Passion of the Christ

#21DagorhaPosted 7/18/2013 1:38:31 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
But how could the movie have depicted the Jews any differently without drastically diverting from the Biblical account?

I used the "It's historical" excuse because the movie's intention was to be historical, at least as far as the politics.

make it so the good jews aren't all good looking and not all bad jews look like caricatures? That would be a start
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#22HeadEXplodePosted 7/18/2013 4:55:32 PM
If I was in to half-naked guys getting tortured, I would've no doubt been very aroused. I am not; however, so I got bored and changed the channel. As that episode of South Park where Mel Gibson is depicted as poo-throwing crazy pointed out, Christians should remember their messiah's teachings and not so much the brutality of his death.
---
"I started thinking, 'maybe the two of us should blow up this house.' You know, just to get back at them for thinking I might blow up this house."
#23OzymandiasIVPosted 7/18/2013 5:17:18 PM
HeadEXplode posted...
Christians should remember their messiah's teachings and not so much the brutality of his death.

Or they can do both without diminishing his teachings.

C_Mat posted...
OzymandiasIV posted...
C_Mat posted...
There is no way to convey that in a movie.

There's no way to convey what you just described.

Thank you for agreeing?

I just don't think it's a fair criticism to levy if nothing could ever portray that. He didn't try to portray that aspect of it.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
FC: 2020-0946-8183; PM me to add. Registered AC Time Traveler.