This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is forcing Religion abuse?

#81Hustle KongPosted 7/25/2013 9:14:18 PM
TC has accused a few of us now of being upset, when he's the one threatening to break out his gun. Lol.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#82oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 9:32:20 PM
I have a few Machetes as well. I keep a bat underneath my bed too.

I am prepared for any intruder or whatever it may be.
---
Proud fan of The Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Syracuse Orange Basketball and The New York Mets.
#83Hustle KongPosted 7/25/2013 9:50:32 PM
You're prepared for something, alright.
---
Shooting Game never die.
#84OrangeWizardPosted 7/25/2013 9:55:36 PM
He lied about what the JWs telling him that he could be saved from hell.
He's probably lying about his guns and machetes too.
He probably doesn't even live on a ranch.
He probably doesn't even have children.
He probably isn't even a human being.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#85oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 10:10:26 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
He lied about what the JWs telling him that he could be saved from hell.
He's probably lying about his guns and machetes too.
He probably doesn't even live on a ranch.
He probably doesn't even have children.
He probably isn't even a human being.

You're just defending your fellow JWs, I get that, but give it a rest. It happened.

Oh and in NY they sell Machetes at Wal-Mart. I don't know if that's true for every state or not. You're only allowed to by one a time though LOL.
---
Proud fan of The Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Syracuse Orange Basketball and The New York Mets.
#86OrangeWizardPosted 7/25/2013 10:12:52 PM
You're just defending your fellow JWs, I get that, but give it a rest. It happened.

Pshh, like I'm going to listen to some alien's advice.

Go back to Omega-5, ya grey.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#87oarphishmoe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 10:29:03 PM
OrangeWizard posted...

Pshh, like I'm going to listen to some alien's advice.

Go back to Omega-5, ya grey.

HAHA will do.
---
#88FingerpuppetPosted 7/27/2013 3:37:39 PM
oarphishmoe posted...
Fingerpuppet posted...
oarphishmoe posted...
Uh what? Why would I have a problem with an atheist? I don't care what people believe as long as you don't assume that other people believe in what you believe and then proceed to preach.

Then why did you say this...

I'm not an atheist by any means

...and then follow up by mentioning that you respect religion?

So I can't respect religion if I'm not an atheist? I'm not sure where you're going with this..

Oh my god, you have to either be the most dense person that I've ever met or you're deflecting because you know you said something wrong.
---
"Not knowing something is one thing, refusing to know about it while pretending that you do is something I'd call stupidity." -Faust_8
#89DarkContractorPosted 7/29/2013 6:50:30 PM
Well, the history of major world religions is already covered in history class. I feel that part is currently covered, at least in theory if not in practice at certain schools. But we're not talking about bad schools here.

I disagree, I would say you learn of the existence of different religions. You might associate the Vatican City with Catholicism and Reincarnation with Hinduism, but you learn nothing about the actual religions (unless my school is in fact a bad school >_<)

Now to you and I, there's no harm in teaching a child what the doctrines of a bunch of different faiths are, but you and I aren't everyone. There are parents out there who feel their child will be harmed by learning this information, and I don't think we should be getting in the way of that. Disagreeing with them doesn't give us the authority to intervene.

Well, generally the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, so if this type of education is somehow harmful, then these parents to raise these objections.

This is compounded by the fact that the curriculum is already full. You want to add this in, you have to drop something else out, and justify putting this ahead of all the other stuff we currently don't teach because we don't have the time.

This was a good rebuttal, I like this point and it's forcing me to re-consider a little. Then, at any rate, what's wrong with having it as a semester long elective?
---
http://counteringchristianity.blogspot.com/ - My blog.
#90Hustle KongPosted 7/29/2013 8:09:59 PM
Well, generally the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, so if this type of education is somehow harmful, then these parents to raise these objections.

That's why I think parents need to be convinced as to the utility of that type of education.
---
Shooting Game never die.