This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Are Mormons Christians?

#1bsballa09Posted 7/24/2013 10:16:32 AM
POLL: Are Mormons Christians? - Results (47 votes)
Yes
57.45% (27 votes)
No
42.55% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Go.
---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game
Mass Effect is an RPG. Get over it.
#2kozlo100Posted 7/24/2013 10:52:08 AM
Having been to quite a few Mormon services, I can say pretty confidently that they fit my requirements. They call themselves Christian, they follow Jesus' teachings as they understand them. I don't think there's a lot more to it than that.

I do understand that they have some rather unique aspects to their cosmology and theology that other denominations consider heretical, but the core beliefs are still similar enough that I don't think there's cause to contradict their self-identification.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#3mrplainswalkerPosted 7/24/2013 3:33:15 PM
Anybody who says they're a Christian is a Christian as far as I'm concerned. It does no good to debate people about the labels they choose for themselves.
---
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica
#4bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 3:38:30 PM
mrplainswalker posted...
Anybody who says they're a Christian is a Christian as far as I'm concerned. It does no good to debate people about the labels they choose for themselves.

How far does someone have to deviate from Christianity where you say they can't be Christian?
---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_role-playing_game
Mass Effect is an RPG. Get over it.
#5OogallyPosted 7/24/2013 4:22:02 PM
Their view of God is completely different from Christianity, or at least more than enough to make it a distinct faith.

This would lead to plenty of other arguments, though, regarding at what point exactly this becomes the case. One could just as easily say JWs or any other non-trinitarians no longer qualify as Christian, which is a difficult subject imo.
#6Imperator420Posted 7/24/2013 4:54:58 PM
I will say that Mormons are Christians at least to the extent that Muslims are Jews.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#7CoyoteTheGreatPosted 7/24/2013 4:55:58 PM
I'm a Christian. I think Jesus was a punk, but hey, if all you have to do to be one is claim the title, why not? I'll be a Buddhist and a Hindu too.
---
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata.
#8C_MatPosted 7/24/2013 6:46:23 PM
Imperator420 posted...
I will say that Mormons are Christians at least to the extent that Muslims are Jews.

Wat!

...Wat!
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#9Imperator420Posted 7/24/2013 6:47:32 PM
C_Mat posted...
Imperator420 posted...

Wat!

...Wat!

You heard me.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#10Imperator420Posted 7/24/2013 6:51:30 PM
CoyoteTheGreat posted...
I'm a Christian. I think Jesus was a punk, but hey, if all you have to do to be one is claim the title, why not? I'll be a Buddhist and a Hindu too.

A lot of not-so-bright people already do this.
---