This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you console a deconverting friend?

#1_Rasl3rX_Posted 7/24/2013 7:15:17 PM
So I got this friend and she's been a lifelong Christian, but she's in her college years now and has pretty much walked away from the faith completely. She's pretty depressed right now, she says it feels like a bad break up that's gone horribly wrong, and me being the atheist closest to her she's trying to get my advice and ****. I care about her and want to help her, but I also suck at this. and have never done this before, and while my own de-conversion was depressing it doesn't possibly hold a light to her lifelong Christianity. Any advice here? What's the general avenue?

btw youll all be my best friends if said advice ends up with me de-flowering her lololol
---
DarkContractor
#2Magyar15Posted 7/24/2013 7:20:13 PM
You're a bad person
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust
#3Moorish_IdolPosted 7/24/2013 7:24:30 PM
_Rasl3rX_ posted...
btw youll all be my best friends if said advice ends up with me de-flowering her lololol

Well, I was going to help.
#4_Rasl3rX_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 7:26:27 PM
Magyar15 posted...
You're a bad person

i mean im not TRYING to have sex with her, just if the opportunity presented itself i would.

okay yknow **** it i am a bad person because I would totally wreck that. But I am being serious, does anyone have advice on consoling her? Seriously I don't want her to be all depressed and **** and I want to do what I can to help.
---
DarkContractor
#5_Rasl3rX_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 7:27:55 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
_Rasl3rX_ posted...

jealousy

im a little drunk right now so youll have to excuse all my attempts at being funny.
---
DarkContractor
#6Imperator420Posted 7/24/2013 7:29:12 PM
_Rasl3rX_ posted...
So I got this friend and she's been a lifelong Christian, but she's in her college years now and has pretty much walked away from the faith completely. She's pretty depressed right now, she says it feels like a bad break up that's gone horribly wrong, and me being the atheist closest to her she's trying to get my advice and ****. I care about her and want to help her, but I also suck at this. and have never done this before, and while my own de-conversion was depressing it doesn't possibly hold a light to her lifelong Christianity. Any advice here? What's the general avenue?

I've said a lot of stupid **** for sex, so I understand your position, but I'm also not altruistic enough to make an effort to get you laid. Perhaps you'd have better luck on a message board for teenage date rapists.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#7Imperator420Posted 7/24/2013 7:29:59 PM
_Rasl3rX_ posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
_Rasl3rX_ posted...

jealousy

im a little drunk right now so youll have to excuse all my attempts at being funny.

Wow, you must be super cool. Do the other kids tell you how badass you are for drinking?
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#8_Rasl3rX_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 7:31:36 PM
Imperator420 posted...
_Rasl3rX_ posted...

I've said a lot of stupid **** for sex, so I understand your position, but I'm also not altruistic enough to make an effort to get you laid. Perhaps you'd have better luck on a message board for teenage date rapists.

god damn you guys are too thick. i was just ****in around a little bit.

also we're both in our 20s, sooooo yeah that last bit didnt even make sense
---
DarkContractor
#9Moorish_IdolPosted 7/24/2013 7:32:08 PM
Maybe her depression will go away if you stop being her friend.
#10Magyar15Posted 7/24/2013 7:32:48 PM
_Rasl3rX_ posted...
Magyar15 posted...
You're a bad person

i mean im not TRYING to have sex with her, just if the opportunity presented itself i would.

okay yknow **** it i am a bad person because I would totally wreck that. But I am being serious, does anyone have advice on consoling her? Seriously I don't want her to be all depressed and **** and I want to do what I can to help.

I'm sorry, I was too disgusted to phrase that properly. You're a scum bag
---
A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means - Sallust