This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will the new pope Francis finally reveal the real third secret of Fatima.

#1Pope_ManadontiPosted 7/25/2013 12:02:30 PM
We all know that the one published by then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger in 200 was a bogus, I wonder if Pope Francis, whom I happen to like a lot more than Benedict XVI, will finally enlighten us on the end of times.

Ratzinger acknowledged that he had read the Third Secret, and stated in part that the Third Secret involves the "importance of the Apocalypse", and "dangers threatening the faith and the life of the Christian and therefore (the life) of the world." Ratzinger also commented that, "If it is not made public - at least for the time being - it is in order to prevent religious prophecy from being mistaken for a quest for the sensational." Also, a news article quoted former Philippine ambassador to the Vatican, Howard Dee, as saying that Cardinal Ratzinger had personally confirmed to him that the messages of Akita and Fatima are "essentially the same." The Akita prophecy, in part, contains the following: "The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate Me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres … churches and altars sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord."
Father Charles Fiore, in a taped interview, made the following remarks with regard to Cardinal Ratzinger's various statements about the Third Secret: "We have two different Cardinal Ratzingers; we have two different messages. But Malachi Martin was consistent all the way through; he believed that the Third Secret of Fatima had to do [...] with the internal problems of the Catholic Church."[28] On a syndicated radio broadcast, Father Malachi Martin was asked the following question by a caller: "I had a Jesuit priest tell me more of the Third Secret of Fatima years ago, in Perth. He said, among other things, the last pope would be under control of Satan... Any comment on that?" Fr. Martin responded, "Yes, it sounds as if they were reading, or being told, the text of the Third Secret. But it's sufficiently vague to make one hesitate— it sounds like it." In a taped interview with Bernard Janzen, Fr. Martin was asked the following question: "Who are the people who are working so hard to suppress Fatima?" Fr. Martin responded, "A bunch, a whole bunch, of Catholic prelates in Rome, who belong to Satan. They're servants of Satan. And the servants of Satan outside the Church, in various organizations; they want to destroy the Catholicism of the Church, and keep it as a stabilizing factor in human affairs. It's an alliance. A dirty alliance, a filthy alliance, but a very good alliance." In the same interview, Fr. Martin also said with respect to Lúcia that, "They've published forged letters in her name; they've made her say things she didn't want to say. They put statements on her lips she never made."
On 13 May 2000, Cardinal Sodano announced that the Third Secret would be released, during which he implied the secret was about the persecution of Christians in the 20th century that culminated in the failed assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II on 13 May 1981. However, other theologians believe that the secret concerns an apostasy of cardinals, bishops and priests. For instance, Cardinal Ciappi, personal theologian to Pope John Paul II, is quoted by sources as saying, "In the Third Secret it is foretold, among other things, that the great apostasy in the Church will begin at the top." In addition, on a syndicated radio broadcast, Fr. Malachi Martin stated that the Third Secret "doesn't make any sense unless we accept that there will be, or that there is in progress, a wholesale apostasy amongst clerics, and laity in the Catholic Church ..."

TL:DR

Basically the real 3rd secret has to do with the Apocalypse and an Apostate Pope.
---
Barbecue.
#2SuibomPosted 7/25/2013 12:38:59 PM
Quick! Someone call Dan Brown!! I have material for his next book!

I kid, I kid.

Interesting read. Thanks TC.
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#3WhereDidItGoPosted 7/25/2013 2:04:59 PM
Seems like just one more conspiracy theory tossed around about the Church to me. As far as I'm concerned it has already been revealed and it just didn't live up to the hype people were expecting.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#4Pope_Manadonti(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 4:41:14 PM
Suibom posted...
Quick! Someone call Dan Brown!! I have material for his next book!

I kid, I kid.

Interesting read. Thanks TC.

Well, if you do want go down the Dan Brown route, the prophecy speaks about the "last true pope being murdered by the forces of darkness". The church said that this foretold the assassination attempt of John Paul II in 1981, however, he didnt actually die.

On the other hand, Pope John Paul I was found dead under very mysterious circumstances after promising to clean the church from top to bottom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_John_Paul_I_conspiracy_theories

Rationale - Discrepancies in the Vatican's account of the events surrounding John Paul I's death — its inaccurate statements about who found the body,[1] what he had been reading, when and where and whether an autopsy could be carried out,[1][2] produced a number of conspiracy theories, many associated with the Vatican Bank, which owned many shares in Banco Ambrosiano.

Some conspiracy theorists connect the death of John Paul (in September 1978) with the image of the "bishop dressed in white" said to have been seen by Lucia Santos and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto during the visitations of Our Lady of Fátima in 1917.[3][4] In a letter to a colleague, John Paul had said he was deeply moved by having met Lucia and vowed to perform the Consecration of Russia in accordance with her vision

David Yallop's book[edit]David Yallop's book In God's Name proposed the theory that the pope was in "potential danger" because of corruption in the Istituto per le Opere Religiose (IOR, Institute of Religious Works, the Vatican's most powerful financial institution, commonly known as the Vatican Bank), which owned many shares in Banco Ambrosiano. The Vatican Bank lost about a quarter of a billion dollars.

This corruption was real and is known to have involved the bank's head, Paul Marcinkus, along with Roberto Calvi of the Banco Ambrosiano[6] Calvi was a member of P2, an illegal Italian Masonic lodge.[7] Calvi was found dead in London, after disappearing just before the corruption became public. His death was initially ruled suicide, and a second inquest – ordered by his family – then returned an "open verdict".[8]

Upon publication of his book, Yallop agreed to donate every penny he made from sales to a charity of the Vatican's choice if they agreed to investigate his central claim, that when the body of the pope was discovered, his contorted hand gripped a piece of paper that was later destroyed because it named high-ranking members of the curia who were Freemasons and others who had a role in numerous corruption scandals and the laundering of mafia drug money. One of the names believed to be on the paper was that of bishop Paul Marcinkus, who was later promoted by Pope John Paul II to Pro-President of Vatican City, making him the third most powerful person in the Vatican, after the pope and the secretary of state. None of Yallop's claims, which are unproven, have thus far been acknowledged by the Vatican, although Yallop disclosed the Masonic Lodge numbers of the Curia members whom he alleged to be Freemasons in his book (it is forbidden by Church law for a Roman Catholic to be a Freemason).

---
Barbecue.