This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do Christians and Muslims rationalize the complete lack of...

#1Vado_UNPosted 7/29/2013 11:07:19 PM
...East Asians in the Bible and the Quran?

If these two books of supposed historical accounts are to be true, how does one explain the complete lack of Asians?

Considering we are the most populous race in the human history, it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to find at least a couple DOZENS of important Asian figures in the Bible/Quran? But no, you will not read of ONE important Asian person in these books. You will also realize there's actually not ONE single Asian name in these books.

You got Adam, Joshua, Joseph, Abraham, Abel, Cain, Mary, Miriam, Ishmael, etc., etc.,

But where are the Zhang, Wang, Yu, Yong, Long, Li, Lu?

Jesus had the chance to choose 12 Apostles; he had twelve opportunities to enlist an Asian man among his closest confidants, but did not. Either Jesus hated Asians and think none among the 200 million Asian population at the time are worthy... OR the people who wrote these books at the time has never even come close to any proximity of an Asian man. Why? Because they were obviously in the Middle East and East Asia was a far away place.

The obvious logical answer is that neither of these books are divine representation of the WORLD. These books were written by its people, about its people, and the land and surroundings. And at the primitive time -- a time with no means of distant travel -- these Middle Eastern people have simply never come in contact with any Asians.

And when the population of China and India far exceeded that of the desert areas of middle east!

These two countries would have accounted for 70% of the world population even then...

But please, share with me your explanation, Christians and Muslims.
---
"Heads start boppin' like who's this? Vado, that dude spits/
Sharper than steak knives from Ruth's Chris" - Vado
#2PhoroPosted 7/29/2013 11:51:09 PM
For some reason I just can't get the image of Korean Jesus out of my head long enough to seriously think about your actual post.
---
What she asked of me, at the end of the day...
Caligula would have blushed.
#3SirThinkALotPosted 7/29/2013 11:56:20 PM
Why would we expect a book written in the Middle East, and which take place entirely in the Middle east, to mention Asians?(on a side note, they dont mention native Americans either)

I suppose I could also point that, to my knowledge, neither the Bible nor Quran explictly note the race of most of their principal characters.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#4MasterSplinterWPosted 7/30/2013 12:56:17 AM
SirThinkALot posted...
Why would we expect a book written in the Middle East, and which take place entirely in the Middle east, to mention Asians?(on a side note, they dont mention native Americans either)

I suppose I could also point that, to my knowledge, neither the Bible nor Quran explictly note the race of most of their principal characters.

Well he's talking about names being used to assume someone's race. He probably sees "Shantelle" and thinks "oh black person." What a racist.
---
On the 261, just remember that you aren't allowed to make a single assertion, assumption, or declaration without stats, studies, and followup to said studies.
#5OrangeWizardPosted 7/30/2013 7:53:31 AM
Why would we expect a book written in the Middle East, and which take place entirely in the Middle east, to mention Asians?

This.

Considering we are the most populous race in the human history, it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to find at least a couple DOZENS of important Asian figures in the Bible/Quran?

Why? Was the middle east a popular tourist attraction for the Chinese or something?

he had twelve opportunities to enlist an Asian man among his closest confidants, but did not. Either Jesus hated Asians and think none among the 200 million Asian population at the time are worthy... OR the people who wrote these books at the time has never even come close to any proximity of an Asian man. Why? Because they were obviously in the Middle East and East Asia was a far away place.

Or a third option.

The Asians didn't hang out in the middle east....

The obvious logical answer is that neither of these books are divine representation of the WORLD.

You are correct. It's not.

Whoever said it was supposed to be?

these Middle Eastern people have simply never come in contact with any Asians.

But at the same time, you're trying to claim that the middle east was SWARMING with Asians, so that Jesus should have picked at least one of them. Do you see the error in your logic?
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#6Hustle KongPosted 7/30/2013 8:45:20 AM
This is a mind-numbingly stupid objection to the Bible and Quran.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#7bsballa09Posted 7/30/2013 9:31:16 AM
Do East Asian religions recognize Christians and Muslims?
---
:: Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz :: EVGA GTX 760 2GB :: ASUS P8Z77-V LX :: Corsair CX600 :: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB :: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM :: ASUS 24'' LED ::
#8IamvegitoPosted 7/30/2013 10:46:49 AM
Vado_UN posted...

Well, you got it pretty much right:

The obvious logical answer is that neither of these books are divine representation of the WORLD. These books were written by its people, about its people, and the land and surroundings. And at the primitive time -- a time with no means of distant travel -- these Middle Eastern people have simply never come in contact with any Asians.

Why'd this need a topic?
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#9halo07guyPosted 7/30/2013 11:19:51 AM
Iamvegito posted...
Vado_UN posted...

Well, you got it pretty much right:

Why'd this need a topic?

He's semi-correct. Rome and China actually had trade and contact with each other, though the actual extent of their knowledge of each other is rather vague. It amounted to "We know there's another large, powerful empire in this direction". And we know the Romans did buy pottery and silk from Asian traders. The Middle East was a major nexus of trade between the two, so it's not inconceivable that Jesus would have ran into a Chinese trader or two.

Hell, China even tried to send an envoy to Rome in 97 A.D., so they at least about Roman government to a limited extent.

Now that I think about it, it should have been semi-common knowledge in the Middle East in the 1st century BC and AD that there was some kind of major power far to the East. Actually, that makes me curious why they aren't mentioned when we know for a fact they had contact with each other around the time Jesus was alive.

I can understand why the Old Testament would leave them out, but not the New Testament.
#10darklaoPosted 7/30/2013 11:35:04 AM
*slow clap*
---
[agitprop]
come and play come and play forget about the movement