This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Girl's Message To Christians

#1epictetus1216Posted 8/15/2013 3:26:29 PM
One day while strolling through youtube I came across this homemade video of a beautiful young lady's revelation of what it truly means to be Christian. I was so taken taken by it I thought I'd post it here for the rest of you to share, and offer some comments on it. Aside from it having a positive message I think all can benefit from, it's a fairly hip way of getting the message across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YXINEYdnkY
#2kozlo100Posted 8/15/2013 3:33:15 PM
Hey, this one actually has a text transcription for the video impaired.

Hey there! I'm Emanuella. I'm a Christian. I have been a "good" Christian most of my life. It was my identity. I used to like to tell people how "good" I was, how I kept all the Commandments. I thought that was "Good"......

Then I realized something...I Failed!!! "Christian" was just a name I wore...kind of like a pretty coat over a dirty body...It didn't match my heart. Here's why:

If you were an Atheist or Agnostic or anything else...And if you didn't agree with me...I would disdain you as a person. I feel like a hypocrite! I feel disgusting! And I can't take it anymore! I wasn't interested in being your "Friend". I just wanted to change you. I thought that was my job.

Christianity is about being like "Christ". Jesus loved everyone, First. If they didn't accept what He said, He still loved them. Its not my job to change you, I can't. But its my job to love you. That I can.

So this is an appeal to my Christian Brothers and Sisters, not all but some... stop the Damnation. Stop the Judgement. Stop the Religism. Thats not our business.

It doesn't matter how well you can preach...How many Bible Verses you've memorized or How many people "think" you are all that. If you don't have love, you're nothing. Love is not a chore. Its a revelation. The Christ you serve revealed it in its purest form.

Gandhi said: "I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians."

Don't be one of "those". This is an invitation....
Start the LOVE...Join the movement...

---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#3epictetus1216(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 3:36:11 PM
You SPOILED it! Arghh! Now they'll never go see the video... or how hot the chick is.
#4kozlo100Posted 8/15/2013 3:38:45 PM
We're on a text based medium. Deal with it.
---
#5Hustle KongPosted 8/15/2013 3:41:00 PM
Kozlo's post is the only way I'd have heard the message.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#6epictetus1216(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 3:41:37 PM
Lighten up. I'm just kidding. Still, the nice thing about the web is we can reference some nifty parts of it from our own. We're not confined to this one.
#7TheRealJiraiyaPosted 8/15/2013 3:41:44 PM
kozlo100 posted...
Deal with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-_Ql0fN0bA
---
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" -Isaiah 6:8
#8epictetus1216(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 3:46:32 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
Kozlo's post is the only way I'd have heard the message.

Unfortunately, the plain text doesn't include the artistry which accentuates the effect of the message. But, whatever.
#9kozlo100Posted 8/15/2013 3:51:37 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-_Ql0fN0bA

Unfortunately that one didn't have a transcript... :-(
---
#10Hustle KongPosted 8/15/2013 3:52:19 PM
I'm a man who takes his messages on their content, not their presentation.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.