This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christianity Ask & Answer. Volume 1

#61myzz7Posted 9/6/2013 2:59:57 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...

Sources:
John 14:2
Revelation 22:1-5
Revelation 21:4
Revelation 21:22-27
Hebrew 11:16
1 Corinthians 2:9
Revelation 21:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itpha6REVms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbGrdQWVJ7M

Heaven is so great! Please follow Jesus so that your name will be secured in the book of life.

So I listened to the whole 26 minutes of the first video and want to know how much of that is accepted as standard Christian teaching.
---
http://s10.postimage.org/mxioonsd1/gildavatar.gif
#62GBALoserPosted 9/6/2013 3:19:53 PM
^I made to 26 seconds before the saccharin got to me...
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#63IamvegitoPosted 9/6/2013 3:33:35 PM
Nitro378 posted...
It definitely is a bad thing that churchgoers know nothing about science but I digress - my point is that accepting evolution invalidates a literal interpretation of the Genesis account, which leads to the problems I outlined.

A 'literal interpretation of Genesis" runs into contradictions right away - the creation order of chapters 1 and 2 are radically different. Thus it is apparent that the only way one can read them is allegorically.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#64Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 4:02:22 PM
myzz7 posted...

Sources:
John 14:2
Revelation 22:1-5
Revelation 21:4
Revelation 21:22-27
Hebrew 11:16
1 Corinthians 2:9
Revelation 21:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itpha6REVms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbGrdQWVJ7M

Heaven is so great! Please follow Jesus so that your name will be secured in the book of life.

So I listened to the whole 26 minutes of the first video and want to know how much of that is accepted as standard Christian teaching.

Short answer: All of it.

Long answer: Most of what she said is already in the bible. There were a few details that were not covered in the bible. It doesnt mean they are not there. I cross examined her testimony with other visions and it checks out to me.

My question to you myzz7, did you read the verses too? Are you actually interested in getting to heaven? Do you love Jesus as your Lord and savior? Just wondering, bro.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#65myzz7Posted 9/7/2013 4:56:53 PM
My question to you myzz7, did you read the verses too?

nope

Are you actually interested in getting to heaven?

yup

Do you love Jesus as your Lord and savior?

nope
---
http://s10.postimage.org/mxioonsd1/gildavatar.gif
#66Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 7:28:07 PM
Then in that case, myzz, you are going to have a problem getting to heaven. I hate sugar coating stuff to people. Thats the God honest truth.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#67Kaiser1onePosted 9/7/2013 10:18:03 PM
Why are "God's testing you" and "The devil did it" almost identical in idea?

Say something happens to you. You lost your job and money's getting low. God's testing you. But also, it's the devil at work.
---
Why is it that the world can't spell "lose" right???
#68rick alveradoPosted 9/7/2013 10:27:13 PM
Kaiser1one posted...
Why are "God's testing you" and "The devil did it" almost identical in idea?

Say something happens to you. You lost your job and money's getting low. God's testing you. But also, it's the devil at work.

Well, according to Jewish belief Satan is actually working for God. Satan is the one that tests people to see if they truly follow God. It was only with Christianity that he became an enemy of God.
#69Luce_ImperiusPosted 9/7/2013 11:21:55 PM
Iamvegito posted...
Nitro378 posted...
It definitely is a bad thing that churchgoers know nothing about science but I digress - my point is that accepting evolution invalidates a literal interpretation of the Genesis account, which leads to the problems I outlined.

A 'literal interpretation of Genesis" runs into contradictions right away - the creation order of chapters 1 and 2 are radically different. Thus it is apparent that the only way one can read them is allegorically.

I'm not the TC nor am I affiliated with him. I can however provide many answers he cannot, but i might not be around much. That said, I had this same problem with Genesis 1 and 2. Though it's more apparent to those who can read Hebrew (so, not me and probably many here), Genesis 2 uses the pluperfect tense in the apparent conflicts. This would be "had done" or "having done." For example, I make brownies, cookies, and a cake in that order. Then I tell a friend "I made cookies after having made brownies."

Take Genesis 2:19
"Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name."

Since God had already created them, the order in which something is talked about isn't a contradiction. Makes a lot more sense, right? Getting into evolution is a whole other matter. Since TC says he doesn't want to discuss it, I won't hijack his topic with it. I'm tempted to offer discussion through PM but many don't take me up on such an offer.

Reference: "Coming to Grips With Genesis: Biblical Authority and the Age of the Earth" (type Genesis 2 pluperfect into Google, the preview should have it).
---
Yes my worldview is the Christian one. Yes I'm a gamer. I respect you as much as you respect these two things.