This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, creationists: watch just ONE video

#1Faust_8Posted 9/5/2013 10:03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfoje7jVJpU&list=PL126AFB53A6F002CC&index=9

I posted the link to the entire playlist, asking that the creationists just get around to watching the first one or two at least. Apparently, none did.

So just take the 10 minutes and watch the one about transitional fossils if you have integrity at all. You can stop watching when you can prove he said something false.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#2OzymandiasIVPosted 9/5/2013 10:08:36 PM
You know you are going to change anybody's mind.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
FC: 2020-0946-8183; PM me to add. Registered AC Time Traveler.
#3takashi351Posted 9/6/2013 12:23:35 AM
If creationists could be swayed by logic, there wouldn't be creationists. That being said, I still hope it at least challenges someone's preconceptions.
---
"Five zombies. Four bullets. Two zombies."-Brian
#4GuideToTheDarkPosted 9/6/2013 1:04:25 AM
I think if your intended audience wanted to know about these things, they would know about them.
---
SHUTUPPU ANDE EAT! TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT!
#5Nitro378Posted 9/6/2013 4:34:55 AM
takashi351 posted...
If creationists could be swayed by logic, there wouldn't be creationists.

---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me
#6Hustle KongPosted 9/6/2013 4:42:40 AM
So just take the 10 minutes and watch the one about transitional fossils if you have integrity at all.

Calling into question a person's integrity over whether or not they watch a YouTube video seems like very poor gentlemanship.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#7rick alveradoPosted 9/6/2013 5:13:51 AM
takashi351 posted...
If creationists could be swayed by logic, there wouldn't be creationists. That being said, I still hope it at least challenges someone's preconceptions.

I was swayed by logic to stop being a creationist back in the day. I think it was even arguments on this board that swayed me.
#8takashi351Posted 9/6/2013 5:27:02 AM
rick alverado posted...
takashi351 posted...

I was swayed by logic to stop being a creationist back in the day. I think it was even arguments on this board that swayed me.

You've honestly renewed my faith in humanity a little bit. I was somewhat dismayed because it seems like no one ever responds to my posts on this board, but you've convinced me that some good may yet come of it. Thank you.
---
"Five zombies. Four bullets. Two zombies."-Brian
#9FingerpuppetPosted 9/6/2013 11:24:04 AM
Hustle Kong posted...
So just take the 10 minutes and watch the one about transitional fossils if you have integrity at all.

Calling into question a person's integrity over whether or not they watch a YouTube video seems like very poor gentlemanship.

When you hold a position and refuse to consider any and all alternate positions while ignoring the evidence that supports it, I think it is fair to say that such a person lacks any sort of integrity. Not knowing something is one thing, but not knowing and acing like you do is stupidity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/kubEx.jpg
^^If you do not have an open mind, then I have nothing to discuss with you.
#10Hustle KongPosted 9/6/2013 11:40:39 AM
When you hold a position and refuse to consider any and all alternate positions while ignoring the evidence that supports it, I think it is fair to say that such a person lacks any sort of integrity. Not knowing something is one thing, but not knowing and acing like you do is stupidity.

But you don't know that is what they're doing. They could have any number of reasons why they aren't able/willing to watch some YouTube video that a guy on the internet insisted they do or else they lack "integrity". Not following a person's instructions on their timetable is an awfully silly reason to insult them.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.