This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok, creationists: watch just ONE video

#11FingerpuppetPosted 9/6/2013 11:48:22 AM
Hustle Kong posted...
When you hold a position and refuse to consider any and all alternate positions while ignoring the evidence that supports it, I think it is fair to say that such a person lacks any sort of integrity. Not knowing something is one thing, but not knowing and acing like you do is stupidity.

But you don't know that is what they're doing. They could have any number of reasons why they aren't able/willing to watch some YouTube video that a guy on the internet insisted they do or else they lack "integrity". Not following a person's instructions on their timetable is an awfully silly reason to insult them.

It's silly to continually assert their position if they haven't bothered to take into account new evidence, regardless if they have time or not. If they have the time to assert claims, then they have time to research them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/kubEx.jpg
^^If you do not have an open mind, then I have nothing to discuss with you.
#12Hustle KongPosted 9/6/2013 12:07:33 PM
It's silly to continually assert their position if they haven't bothered to take into account new evidence, regardless if they have time or not. If they have the time to assert claims, then they have time to research them.

Research according to your own preferred methods and time? I am not going to watch a YouTube video on any subject. That doesn't mean that the person who is insisting I do is right to assume it is because I lack integrity.

And who are these people being addressed? You have awfully specific behavior in mind. Is it just another booger man?
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#13OrangeWizardPosted 9/6/2013 12:07:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14UponADarkThornePosted 9/6/2013 12:42:30 PM
What defines a creationist?

What about Catholic priests, who believe in evolution (and in the case of one Jesuit, came up with the basis for the modern Big Bang theory), yet still believe that a higher power is in charge of things; or is it the young earth folks?

Legitimate question, since I heard various definitions.
#15rick alveradoPosted 9/6/2013 2:18:15 PM
Hustle Kong posted...

Research according to your own preferred methods and time? I am not going to watch a YouTube video on any subject. That doesn't mean that the person who is insisting I do is right to assume it is because I lack integrity.

And who are these people being addressed? You have awfully specific behavior in mind. Is it just another booger man?

Do you not watch YouTube videos at all or do you just not follow YouTube links from here? The latter is entirely understandable but the former is strange, not that strange is bad.
#16Hustle KongPosted 9/6/2013 2:28:25 PM
I don't watch like, YouTube videos in any serious capacity, no. I browse mostly from my phone, so Iight check out a clip of this or that. Certainly nothing scholarly.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#17JonWood007Posted 9/6/2013 7:40:50 PM
I was once a creationist. Minds do change given the proper evidence and willingness to learn.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#18OzymandiasIVPosted 9/6/2013 8:25:07 PM
rick alverado posted...
Do you not watch YouTube videos at all or do you just not follow YouTube links from here? The latter is entirely understandable but the former is strange, not that strange is bad.

I know you weren't asking *me,* but I personally stay away from most youtube videos of people discussing things like religion, atheism, their opinions on movies or people, theories on video games, etc. This is mostly because these people are incredibly annoying, pedantic, take f***ing FOREVER to get to the point, etc.

I'd much rather read whatever point it is they're trying to make, even if it's not written well.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
FC: 2020-0946-8183; PM me to add. Registered AC Time Traveler.
#19FingerpuppetPosted 9/6/2013 10:37:45 PM
Hustle Kong posted...

I sympathize with your position, but that does not mean that people like C_Mat should be exempt from the "rules". Somebody promised to watch a video that Faust posted (can't remember who) and it apparently never happened.

But I guess you do have a point; C_Mat is a paragon of intellectual integrity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/kubEx.jpg
^^If you do not have an open mind, then I have nothing to discuss with you.
#20hunter_gohanPosted 9/7/2013 8:39:01 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
What defines a creationist?

What about Catholic priests, who believe in evolution (and in the case of one Jesuit, came up with the basis for the modern Big Bang theory), yet still believe that a higher power is in charge of things; or is it the young earth folks?

Legitimate question, since I heard various definitions.

YEC/OEC/ID those that reject science in favor of their myths. I've never thought of tarnishing people who accept evolution yet still believe in a theistic god with this label. I may disagree with that particular position, but they aren't out there simply disregarding what science and the evidence tells us because it goes against their pre-conceived notions.
---
The food that stands on his [Odin's] table he gives to two wolves of his called Geri and Freki. He himself needs no food; wine is for him both drink and meat.