This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite/amusing religious stories?

#21JESSE_PlNKMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 12:06:16 PM
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+4&version=NIV

Another pretty epic murder story, this time featuring ladies! I like this one because it shows women can be powerful too. Also a lady named Deborah who lives under a tree named Deborah... just, lol.
#22Hustle KongPosted 9/6/2013 12:16:49 PM
You are an idiot.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#23JESSE_PlNKMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 12:29:32 PM
That's uncalled for man. Did you come into this topic just to insult people?
#24OrangeWizardPosted 9/6/2013 12:31:50 PM
No, it was completely called for.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#25Wandering__HeroPosted 9/6/2013 12:42:57 PM
I would have said "fail troll" instead of "idiot" but I'm finding it hard to disagree now that Hustle Kong said it.

I mean seriously dude, we mock you for using a 7k account with a posting style identical to your account banned about 7 days ago, then you log in with ANOTHER alt straight after.

Are you one of those people who thinks suddenly becoming an atheist will make you smarter? If you were a fool as a Christian you don't suddenly stop being a fool as an Atheist.

I'm actually now insulted you thought you could troll any Christian group smarter than the WBC, because you really don't seem much smarter than them, at least you haven't demonstrated it yet.

You've spent so much time on it, but you still use the same tricks, and you still lock your threads when they go south, making your identity even more obvious.

I mean seriously man... do you troll here instead of the ps4 board because you had trouble finding a 12 year old fanboy to bait?

Message Last Man Standing, aka Polish Crusader, you obviously need someone to give you a tutorial on how to troll.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#26JESSE_PlNKMAN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 12:46:15 PM
*sigh* You realize that if even if I was a troll/alt/etc. making that huge rant was really unnecessary? You're not even posting Biblical stories dude, come on. You're being the troll here, you and Hustle Kong.
#27Wandering__HeroPosted 9/6/2013 12:48:40 PM
JESSE_PlNKMAN posted...
*sigh* You realize that if even if I was a troll/alt/etc. making that huge rant was really unnecessary? You're not even posting Biblical stories dude, come on. You're being the troll here, you and Hustle Kong.

Troll accusin others of trolling when owned, without adressing the points or evidence bought up, thereby doing nothing to dispel people's suspicions of you.. Check.

Come on man, you want to outwit the Christians, right? Get your A game on, this is boring me
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/
#28GBALoserPosted 9/6/2013 12:56:18 PM
At least he should be happy he hasn't earned my rage.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#29Faust_8Posted 9/6/2013 6:06:03 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
kozlo100 posted...
I was thinking about that too, but given the verse specifies as sword one cubit (18 inches) long, which is really more what we'd think of as a dagger, imagine a scabbard worn vertically along the thigh such that the hilt is at about pocket level, just below the hip. A right-hand draw would be pretty easy from that position.

Ah yes, I can imagine that. In that case Faust would be right that it's easier to draw/stab in one motion. But if the scabbard is angled at all, cross-body makes more sense.

Also that story is less interesting knowing it was a dagger. I was imagining his fat rolling around a broadsword or something.

That's what I was thinking of, but yeah, I could very well be wrong since I'm no expert on sword-drawing or the clothes at the time. It was just my first impression though since it was a rather short blade.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#30gamesrgreatPosted 9/6/2013 7:06:08 PM(edited)
I don't think which leg it was strapped to matters. He was a capable dude with a weapon going against fat motha f***er. Unless he was scared the guy was gonna scream loud enough to draw attention he had nothing to worry about

Also this reminds me I want a Judges/ David's Mighty Men video game. Someone make it happen
---
D-Jesus aka Flash aka 3, Christ Bosh aka the Prophet aka Raptor Jesus, King James 3:16 The Miami Heat 2012 and 2013 Champs