This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't forget to pray and fast for peace in the Middle East (esp. Syria) tomorrow

#11epictetus1216Posted 9/6/2013 1:52:53 PM
kozlo100 posted...
What HK said.

It's positive energy being put out. It can't hurt, right?
#12kozlo100Posted 9/6/2013 1:59:13 PM
epictetus1216 posted...
It's positive energy being put out. It can't hurt, right?

No, can't hurt really, but that said I'm not even talking about putting out energy of any kind. I just think focusing, praying, meditating, or just generally deeply thinking about a concept like peace has a beneficial effect on your own mind.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#13Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/6/2013 2:30:25 PM
Ive been praying for Syria for quite a while now, just like i prayed for libya.

I prayed for intervention in libya to stop the violence, and it was answered days later (literally). Now businesses and more tolerance is coming to libya. Libya will be an ally of ours for many years to come.

As for syria, which unlike Libya has an established christian population and alot more ties to our political objectives (israel being next door, etc.), there is a lot more at stake. But the solution is exactly the same. Wipe out the military of the regime doing the atrocities, let the rebels take care of the rest, make strong dipolomatic contact with them, and at all costs keep out the extremists. Its been working in Libya thus far. No troops on the ground even remotely necessary.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#14Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/6/2013 2:31:46 PM
Incase any body didnt understand the point of my last message:

Pray for intervention. Its the only way to make things better in syria. For a stronger military to intervene and wipe out assads regime which is gasing its own people.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#15theSMITHSPosted 9/6/2013 3:09:07 PM
You actually want an attack? And possible regional war? And don't call it an "intervention". That's what you have with a 17 year-old kid with a drug problem.
#16GBALoserPosted 9/6/2013 3:18:32 PM
Wipe out the military of the regime doing the atrocities, let the rebels take care of the rest, make strong dipolomatic contact with them, and at all costs keep out the extremists.

Problem is the extremists make up anywhere from 15-25% of the rebel forces according to Kerry, so...
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#17Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/6/2013 4:04:37 PM
GBALoser posted...
Wipe out the military of the regime doing the atrocities, let the rebels take care of the rest, make strong dipolomatic contact with them, and at all costs keep out the extremists.

Problem is the extremists make up anywhere from 15-25% of the rebel forces according to Kerry, so...

They said the same thing about libya and look how that turned out... (civilian mob wiped out Al Queda fortress)

To answer your question- at this point it doesnt really matter what percentage is perceived to be extremist. We need to get assad out at all costs. 15-25% is not going to tip the scales in govt. no more than 5-10% will in the libya (successful) revolution.
---
#18Al-UzzaPosted 9/6/2013 4:28:04 PM
Polish being bat**** crazy as usual.
#19GBALoserPosted 9/6/2013 5:11:48 PM
They said the same thing about libya and look how that turned out... (civilian mob wiped out Al Queda fortress)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_factional_fighting_(2011%E2%80%93present)#August_2013

Beautifully, of course. The perfect "intervention"

To answer your question- at this point it doesnt really matter what percentage is perceived to be extremist. We need to get assad out at all costs. 15-25% is not going to tip the scales in govt. no more than 5-10% will in the libya (successful) revolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_civil_war
Total rebellion size at the peak of the Libyan civil war: 200,000
Theorized extremist numbers: 10,000-20,000
Time: 8 months, 1 week and 1 day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_civil_war
Total maximum estimate of rebel forces: 146,000
Number of maximum estimated extremist forces (per Wiki): 66,000 (45% of total forces, higher than what Kerry is claiming)
Time: 2 years, 5 months, 3 weeks and 1 day

There's more of them, they've had more time to entrench themselves, and they've played a larger role in Syria. They will want a big portion of political control and will have the means to back up their claims.

Polish being bat**** crazy as usual.

Old habits die hard.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#20Wandering__HeroPosted 9/6/2013 5:17:02 PM
Al-Uzza posted...
Polish being a troll as usual.

Fixed that for you.

Last man Standing sometimes lets his Christian facade drop when he thinks he can get a good zing or attention whore chance in.
---
Click the sites these contain to donate to charity for free http://www.thenonprofits.com/