This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"God has better things to do than worry about X"

#1OMGWTFPIEPosted 9/14/2013 3:33:17 PM
I see this response a lot, and I am just curious, what exactly is God preoccupied with that he doesn't deal with whatever issue some individual deems irrelevant? Why can't He worry about whether someone believes in Him, whether someone has premarital sex, and other such things?
---
Maybe it's time you looked at yourself and stop blaming life on someone else. ~Blink 182
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20090602.gif
#2Nitro378Posted 9/14/2013 3:40:58 PM
If god is omnipotent, he literally can't have anything better to do.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me
#3JonWood007Posted 9/14/2013 4:11:44 PM(edited)
Just seems to be misplaced priorities. It's not that a being of his stature can't worry about such things as nitro said, but that it seems rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things that he does so. Kinda like us caring intimately about that one bacteria on our arm and its daily behaviors.

That being said, perhaps it isn't a great argument.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#4Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/14/2013 4:18:22 PM
Only poor believers, or idiots say that sort of thing. If you bring anything to God with earnest prayer in your heart he will listen to you. I have prayed about the craziest things, from girlfriends to video games. And God heard them all.

Dont believe fools, or people in general. Believe and trust in God's Word and all your questions will be answered. The ones that arent, just go to Him in prayer.

Jesus loves you.

:)
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#5GBALoserPosted 9/14/2013 4:46:38 PM
If you bring anything to God with earnest prayer in your heart he will listen to you. I have prayed about the craziest things, from girlfriends to video games. And God heard them all.

Tried that. Didn't work. And I didn't ask for trivial crap like girlfriends or video games or curing muscle tension.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#6Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/14/2013 5:04:39 PM
I said he will hear you, not give you anything youwant. God is not a genie. Build your faith first...
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#7JonWood007Posted 9/14/2013 5:42:22 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Only poor believers, or idiots say that sort of thing. If you bring anything to God with earnest prayer in your heart he will listen to you. I have prayed about the craziest things, from girlfriends to video games. And God heard them all.

Dont believe fools, or people in general. Believe and trust in God's Word and all your questions will be answered. The ones that arent, just go to Him in prayer.

Jesus loves you.

:)

Been there, done that, doesn't work that way.

I said he will hear you, not give you anything youwant. God is not a genie. Build your faith first...

Isn't the fact that he answered your prayers the reason you believe he hears you? Isn't the main reason you believe because you think he healed your TMJ and fixed your car?
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#8Al-UzzaPosted 9/14/2013 6:57:20 PM
How do you know for God fixed your TMJ? When did he fix your car? That's a new one. Does he inflate the tires too when they get low?
#9Faust_8Posted 9/14/2013 9:26:14 PM
Oh he has proof that God did those things. He just won't show it to anyone.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#10ryan0991Posted 9/14/2013 11:50:04 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...

Tried that, didn't work.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.