This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"God has better things to do than worry about X"

#11WelshGamer82Posted 9/15/2013 3:37:25 AM
Let me worry about "Blank".
#12GBALoserPosted 9/15/2013 4:25:59 AM
ryan0991 posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...
I said he will hear you, not give you anything youwant. God is not a genie. Build your faith first...

Tried that, didn't work.

---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#13DarkContractorPosted 9/15/2013 7:43:10 AM
oh yeah i remember that. the time polish came bragging about his call of duty ministry. he would pray that crappy players would do better and if he noticed someone getting a high score he would evangelize to them. golden.
#14Wu_ZonghaiPosted 9/17/2013 5:05:13 AM(edited)
God has better things to do than SERVE humans. God isn't a slave and it's quite egotistical to expect even a person to solve all your problems for you.
---
At night, the trolls crawl out from their bridges to dance under the pale moon.
#15DarkContractorPosted 9/17/2013 6:20:07 AM
Wu_Zonghai posted...
God has better things to do than SERVE humans. God isn't a slave and it's quite egotistical to expect even a person to solve all your problems for you.

Then he's not all loving/all good
#16Moorish_IdolPosted 9/17/2013 12:15:38 PM
Why does God being good, powerful, etc., mean he has some obligation to make everyone's life perfect?
#17kozlo100Posted 9/17/2013 12:25:04 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
Why does God being good, powerful, etc., mean he has some obligation to make everyone's life perfect?

He doesn't, but his omnipotence means you can get some insight into what he does and does not care about, since the world is necessarily exactly as he wants it to be.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#18DarkContractorPosted 9/17/2013 12:37:47 PM
If your definition of perfect is all good then yes, I do Expect an all good life from an all good God. It's not a matter of being spoiled or wants or anything, its cold logic.

Not ignoring you in the dualism topic btw, give me a few days