This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Iran government cant seem to figure out how to stop muslim converts to christ.

#41Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 3:12:27 PM
Al-Uzza posted...

I know that sounds convenient for you, but you are wrong. Just because you do not know what a miracle or a vision looks like doesnt mean other people have not experienced them. Hundreds of Iranians on the internet prove it.

I know that it's convenient for you to believe in alleged miracles and visions of these hundreds of people but for most of us we need real proof, sorry.

The proof is in the pudding. God is already working on Iran. The guy who said he would wipe out the jews lost to the opposing party in the election. Christianity is growing in Iran. Those two point to God working. What other proof are you referring to? I love it when people complain about proof of miracles and dont state what proof they are looking for.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#42Al-UzzaPosted 9/17/2013 3:28:07 PM(edited)
The guy who said he would wipe out the jews lost to the opposing party in the election.

Okay, I didn't know when a president's two terms are up and he has to actually resign from his position (Iranian constitution) that that was actually a 'miracle' going on. You are so deeply connected with god's plans Polish.
#43Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 3:43:03 PM
Al uzza, you are just jealous because Christ is gaining the upper hand in Iran, inch by inch. Your hatred of christianity is your weakness.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#44Al-UzzaPosted 9/17/2013 5:01:17 PM
Christ is gaining the upper hand in Iran, inch by inch

He'll be coming any second!
#45DeadPresidents2Posted 9/17/2013 5:48:50 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
They could send you.

*Wipes tear from eye*

Oh man, that was good. And it being the first post was just...just perfect.
---
Me to this random girl : Mygirlfriendsayswhat? Random girl: What?
Me: Zing!
#46Chaos ScadePosted 9/18/2013 12:17:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#47Chaos ScadePosted 9/18/2013 12:21:46 AM
CoyoteTheGreat posted...
Pwned, you admit it was Constantine and not Jesus that you have to thank for your religion's power and prestige. I think if anything, you fell into BSballa's trap hard.

why is it mutually exclusive?

i mean, sometimes I really have to wonder at the eschatological awe that the Christians must have felt after centuries of marginalisation and intermittent persecution (particularly the persecution immediately preceding Constantine's accession to the unified Roman throne), when the emperor of what was basically the entire known world (and a pagan empire, to boot) rides into Rome, victorious in battle, and declares that there is only one God, and that it is the God of Israel.

nobody acts as if Christianity's "power and prestige" started immediately after Jesus, but that's part of the irony - that a crucified Jew from a backwater little town in judea province was being worshiped as God by the Roman Emperor just less than three centuries later.
#48TheRealJiraiyaPosted 9/18/2013 6:42:04 AM
Al-Uzza posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
bsballa09 posted...
Nobody can stop the almighty power of Jesus.

Except the Romans.

Worst example ever O.o

Roman oppression actually contributed to our growth. Trying to stomp out ideas by force doesnt work.

If by Roman oppression contributing to the growth you mean the Roman emperor converting to Christianity and making it the state religion whilst banning all the others then yes. You always hear about Paul or Stephen or Peter, but never hear much about Constantine. Give the guy credit, he practically has as much to do with Christianity as Jesus does.

Yeah that totally happened overnight

Christianity was on the verge of extinction and then the emperor arbitrarily chose to convert to it and turned the whole thing around

(this post is sarcasm btw)
---
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" -Isaiah 6:8
#49Reinbach_IIIPosted 9/18/2013 7:41:25 AM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Nitro378 posted...
if wikipedia is the most reliable source supporting your premise

you're gonna have a bad time

Not at all. I listed 6 different links. Wikipedia was only one of them. Read before you post, please.

He said that Wikipedia was your most reliable source, not that it was your only source. Read before you post, please.
---
I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein. - George W. Bush
#50Al-UzzaPosted 9/18/2013 8:11:59 AM(edited)

Yeah that totally happened overnight

Christianity was on the verge of extinction and then the emperor arbitrarily chose to convert to it and turned the whole thing around

It wasn't on the verge of extinction but it wasn't growing in mass numbers either like you seem to believe. I find it quite likely without the emperors converting it would have remained a minority religion and possibly become extinct over time. But by all means, continue to pretend Constantine and Theodosius and other emperors had nothing to do with it. BTW he (Constantine) did arbitrarily convert and began the process of turning it around, by elevating Christianity to be equal with Paganism though he of course believed Christianity superior, giving land for churches, etc.