This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Youtube Atheists

#21Hypergamer55Posted 9/16/2013 11:01:24 AM
theging3r posted...
JaclynGlenn, MrRepzion, Lee Lemon, suavarenee. I think some of these are the informative ones but yeah these are the primary ones I've seen so far.

I've followed JaclynGleen, and most of her videos on religion show a big lack of understanding Christianity and the Bible, for someone who apparently went to a Catholic school. She adds nothing new that hasn't been said before, no real thought provoking ideas, is clueless on basic Christian beliefs and Bible verses, doesn't show real research on what she talks about and seems to rely on non-Christian sources to get her information on Christianity, even though they can easily be disproven. Even when some people try to show her where to go to get the truth and what people to follow, she appears to ignore them. Lately she appears to have gotten more sarcastic and doesn't seem to know how to talk on anything else lately but Christianity, even though in one video she made some time ago, she said she would stop making religion videos. I get the feeling she's only getting attention now because she's beautiful and viewers would rather check her out/lust for her than really listen to her. And I would think more atheists would agree because she's not as intelligent as some people make her out to be. You'll probably get more information in the comments than in what she says.

On another note on YouTube atheists, the Christian channel WretchedNetwork disabled comments some time ago because of a couple of atheist trolls who had nothing better to do but mock every video, act like immature high school students who had nothing to add to discussion with their sarcasm, refused to believe that maybe the channel they are watching shows how real Christians believe.They looked like they refused to learn anything from the videos and that they were set in their ways of what Christianity is like, based on what someone else showed them. They acted liking annoying pests. Though I do remember one atheist replying to one of them: "I'm an atheist too, but you're just an a**hole." which got several thumbs up. And now those guys whine about comments being disabled claiming it goes against free speech. But I am pretty sure they don't really mean that.
---
SSBB FC: 2535-3287-0285 Dj.D
#22gamesrgreatPosted 9/16/2013 11:20:13 AM
I think it is because in America atheists are a minority but online they are a majority. They express their feelings freely online and kind of do the reverse of what happens to them irl.
---
D-Jesus aka Flash aka 3, Christ Bosh aka the Prophet aka Raptor Jesus, King James 3:16 The Miami Heat 2012 and 2013 Champs
#23Moorish_IdolPosted 9/16/2013 12:22:44 PM
I tend to avoid both theists and atheists on YT because they both usually come across as talking down to the viewer. The Atheist Experience is decent, but there's some people on there that seem like jerks; I'd prefer if it was just Dillahunty.

I prefer to watch moderated debates between known peoples / professionals. Less whining and angst that way.
#24JonWood007Posted 9/16/2013 1:24:02 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
I tend to avoid both theists and atheists on YT because they both usually come across as talking down to the viewer. The Atheist Experience is decent, but there's some people on there that seem like jerks; I'd prefer if it was just Dillahunty.

I prefer to watch moderated debates between known peoples / professionals. Less whining and angst that way.

Idk, a lot of the moderated debates get boring. The Christian side always has a better form/presentation, but their arguments are normally substanceless or even misleading. On the other hand, I think the atheists have good arguments, but they poorly state them since they're not as well trained in philosophy. Everyone thinks that their side won, and that just leads to more "sidehugging" on both sides. Not to mention after a while, they all sounds the same....
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#25PRINCESSMAGICALPosted 9/17/2013 4:46:52 AM
Professor Dawkins said things no one else I had ever heard speak would say, knew what he was talking about, and meant it.

If he knew what he was talking about, he would say that God created us and Jesus is our Lord and Savior.
---
Your chains are still mine, you belong to me! ~ The Phantom Of The Opera
Man didn't invent God, God created man.
#26darkmaian23Posted 9/17/2013 4:12:05 PM
PRINCESSMAGICAL posted...
Professor Dawkins said things no one else I had ever heard speak would say, knew what he was talking about, and meant it.

If he knew what he was talking about, he would say that God created us and Jesus is our Lord and Savior.

Only a Christian would say such things, and Professor Dawkins happens to be an atheist. What I was trying to get at is that Dawkins approaches matters of faith critically and has a strong intellectual background. I was led to believe that atheists had nothing intelligent to say and he was my first encounter with proof that wasn't true.
#27dkcprjePosted 9/17/2013 4:38:46 PM
I'm not going to beat around the bush, I was one of these YT atheists who troll people that you're talking about. You want to know my motivation?

I'd troll theist trollers. There's an imbalance, far too few people wearing out those theists who go on YT and refuse to acknowledge that they're wrong and choose instead to use sockpuppets to wear out the slimmer atheist numbers.

But the battleground was very particular to those theist channels who would fit that criteria: VFX, or more recently channels like stevebee and his ilk/sockpuppets.

It's less a serious purpose and more for entertainment and I'm not really worried about atheists look bad because, honestly, there are many more communities that make atheism look worse.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4So1qys.jpg
This is my 'O' face: http://i.imgur.com/1mf8A.jpg
#28DarkContractorPosted 9/17/2013 5:53:52 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...

Really? I find Dillahunty far more aggressive than the rest.
#29JonWood007Posted 9/17/2013 5:58:44 PM
Yeah he definitely is the most aggressive. he doesn't have a syndrome to describe being angry from burnout for no reason.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#30Nitro378Posted 9/17/2013 6:01:11 PM
I dunno if Dillahunty can really be called the most belligerent on a site that also contains the Amazing Atheist and Dusty Smith.
---
Zombie Clement Attlee 2015 --- (Zombie) FDR/Sanders 2016
If you want friends in Washington, get a lobbyist - me