This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you profess to follow the "one true faith," how do you know yours is correct?

#21Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 4:19:02 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
There is no "jump in logic". Theres a perfectly logical and documented reason why there are so many parallels between the original sin and evil sinful people/actions throughout history.

Yeah. People saw a pattern in reality and wrote origin stories about why reality is the way it is.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#22Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/17/2013 4:22:43 PM
Iamvegito posted...
There is no "jump in logic". Theres a perfectly logical and documented reason why there are so many parallels between the original sin and evil sinful people/actions throughout history.

Yeah. People saw a pattern in reality and wrote origin stories about why reality is the way it is.

That doesnt make sense. The book of genesis was written thousands of years ago. Long before people would know the patterns and events of the world in human behavior.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#23Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 4:39:07 PM
That doesnt make sense. The book of genesis was written thousands of years ago. Long before people would know the patterns and events of the world in human behavior.

"Writing existed before civilization."

You should probably try to make sense before you post.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#24Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/17/2013 4:49:14 PM
Iamvegito posted...

"Writing existed before civilization."

You should probably try to make sense before you post.

I never said that. Dont add words to my keyboard i never said. Your point was that people wrote the books of the bible based on observed human behavior in reality. That is totally non sensical. The books of the bible were written to teach people about how to follow God. Its as if you make up excuses and meanings in your head as to what happened in the bible as you go along to try to make your argument against the bible makes sense.

Its hard for you to admit that a lot of what happened in the bible happens today and for the same reason. Sin is sin is sin across the board. This parallel (among other things) proves the realness of Gods Word to modern day life. I know you dont understand this. I know you are going to come back with some cliche punchline to attack the bible or its beliefs. But thats the truth and you fail to prove otherwise.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#25DarkContractorPosted 9/17/2013 5:50:09 PM
Wait so irresponsibility with power is proof of God now?

Is there anything that isn't proof of God to you, polish?
#26Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 6:27:37 PM
Its as if you make up excuses and meanings in your head as to what happened in the bible as you go along to try to make your argument against the bible makes sense..

Yeah, that's what you're doing.

263, is this guy a known troll? Because his lack of understanding of order-of-events and logic is unbelievable.
---
#27Iamvegito(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 6:29:26 PM
Its hard for you to admit that a lot of what happened in the bible happens today and for the same reason.

I think that's exactly what I said. That it was happening before the books were written, and that it still happens. You seem to think that the books were written before anything sociological was happening, which confirms in my book that you're a troll, because that makes ZERO sense.
---
#28Lord_IchmaelPosted 9/17/2013 8:08:39 PM(edited)
There is no "jump in logic". Theres a perfectly logical and documented reason why there are so many parallels between the original sin and evil sinful people/actions throughout history. It all follows the same pattern that i thought i already explained.

All because you dont like it doesnt mean it isnt true. History doesnt lie.

Theres dozens of examples. That was the best one off the top of my head.

There is a parallel between Zeus's many extramarital affairs and those of U.S. Presidents Harding, Johnson, Clinton, etc. These are clear examples of power getting to the "little heads" of people/gods with power, if you know what I mean. They must be following the precedent set by Zeus. Therefore, Greek mythology is true!
#29kts123Posted 9/18/2013 11:06:54 AM
God doesn't seem to want to/ be able to answer these questions. Otherwise, God would bring Godself down here and answer them for us.

Yeah, that's a real good way to get God's attention.
#30DarkContractorPosted 9/18/2013 11:33:14 AM
kts123 posted...
God doesn't seem to want to/ be able to answer these questions. Otherwise, God would bring Godself down here and answer them for us.

Yeah, that's a real good way to get God's attention.

And who are you to say what is and isn't a good way to get a deity's attention?