This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

in your best words, please describe what a 'relationship with God is'

#11Faust_8Posted 9/17/2013 7:56:36 PM
And you've chosen to give us nothing but your word on that, so no, I have yet to be shown to be wrong.

Without something tangible it's still just in your head.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#12Julian_CaesarPosted 9/17/2013 8:16:25 PM
Faust_8 posted...
And you've chosen to give us nothing but your word on that, so no, I have yet to be shown to be wrong.

Without something tangible it's still just in your head.

Correction: without something tangible, you yourself have no reason to accept what he says as true. Which is a very different thing from "everything is in his head" being objectively true.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#13Julian_CaesarPosted 9/17/2013 8:20:15 PM
And as for OP, relationship with God is communicating with Him by praying to Him, and receiving communication in the form of the Bible. And in having faith that He will shape my mind from the inside out so that anything He wants me to notice, I will notice.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#14Faust_8Posted 9/17/2013 8:20:54 PM
It is rather implied that it's all in his head from my perspective.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#15Al-UzzaPosted 9/17/2013 8:26:24 PM
Polish and his 'miracles' again, lol.
#16JonWood007Posted 9/17/2013 8:38:35 PM
DarkContractor posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...
You never consideresd jon wood- that what you found as a "mountain of evidence" against God maybe all in your head too...

Yes he has. He struggled with it for a longass time.

And I still do, quite frankly. I'm always rethinking things.

No, you are wrong. Because God has worked physically outside of my head with several miracles that i requested. So your assumption is wrong again, faust.

And so is my evidence. Everything can be explained naturally. Heck, everything makes more sense viewing things naturally.

Also, I won't even say just tangible, I'd say it also needs to be externally verified by stringent standards. You rely on a couple data points, I try to take all into consideration. You can't get a good look at the world from a couple datapoints. You need many. The more the better. Also, the more representative of the entire population the better. Your views have neither. They may be nice to look at if you're doing an ethnography or something, but not if you're trying to find cold, hard, statistic truth.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#17Polish_CrusaderPosted 9/18/2013 3:00:23 PM
I dont understand faust, and al uzza.

You guys (non believers, DC, etc.) ask me a question. I give the answer and you argue with the answer i give. Whats the point in asking a question if your going to refute the answer i give?

Its like me asking:

"Faust, al uzza, DC, why do you like the color red"

Answer: Because it goes with colors i wear, it represents passion and i/we are passionate people.

Me: Well its passionate in your head. You are wrong about the color red. Its not passionate at all and it doesnt go with other color clothes you wear.

F, AU, DC- Ummmm...

See how much sense that makes?

You asked me a question: Describe a relationship with God? I gave you my answer: The relationship depends on your own personal communication with God (through prayer) and what you ask combined with the quality of your service and what prayers you ask that can be reasonably answered (prayers like give me a million dollars are never answered God doesnt work that way). Thats it. Theres nothing you can do to argue me out of the truth. Miracles are what i receive from God, atleast tangibly speaking, prayer and service is what i give/communicate to God.

I literally cannot break it down any further than that. No need to argue. Thats my answer. Take it or leave it. I simply dont care if you disagree with my answer. If you cant accept the answer to ask the question.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#18Vado_UNPosted 9/18/2013 4:45:14 PM
My God, you're onto something polish.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rPKCHdl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GLuPlT9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xbO42vK.png http://i.imgur.com/mtt36Pk.jpg
#19Blue_Dream87Posted 9/18/2013 5:09:12 PM
Since I equalize God with Nature or our Universe, our relationship with God is really just our entire being. Our own connections and relationships with the world around us. The air we breath, the food we eat, where we live, how we treat other life. Hell, how we even treat ourselves.
---
http://i.imgur.com/daXMtgq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/O0z1YeH.gif
#20Faust_8Posted 9/18/2013 7:09:09 PM
1) What you don't understand will fill many books, Polish.

2) The problem is you say Jon's reasons could be just "in his head" yet not only is that impossible (because it's based on external reasoning) it can easily be true for you instead.

I didn't accept your reason because it did nothing to actually counter the point that your reason could still just be in your head...which is the point you were trying to counter to begin with.

If you try to make a point to defend yourself and fail to make it, your opposition will mention it. It's not just splitting hairs, it's relevant to the exchange.

Frankly I'm incredibly tired of you continuously mentioning your miracles and never even going into any detail, and that's not even mentioning your continued lack of the proof you promised. Alluding to miracles you never describe just makes me think they were extremely poor "miracles" and you're too embarrassed to even publicly call them miracles at all. You're probably too embarrassed by how weak your proof is too, and that's why it will never see the light of day.
---