This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you personally think God is 'fair' with those in Heaven?

#1paulo_yamatoPosted 10/6/2013 12:25:46 PM
POLL: Describe how God in Heaven treats people. Up there. - Results (14 votes)
Fair and just
57.14% (8 votes)
Unfair and discriminating
35.71% (5 votes)
Neutral
7.14% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's assume for a moment that God in Heaven is the old testament type of God (angry, jealous, easily set off)
and decides to punish someone in Heaven. What are the types of punishment that he might use? Is there a Heaven Jail?
Are there Heaven punishments he can dole out at whim?

In general, do you think God is fair, unfair, or neutral if someone disobeys him once in Heaven?
---
my gimmick: I'm a Libertarian that wants to convert all the mods. Will I succeed? will Hillary C. buy them off first? Let us find out!
#2splodeymissilePosted 10/6/2013 1:53:34 PM
Well, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Lucifer made one mistake and must now atone for it, for a fair old while (eternity). It seems to me, that God has no concept of the punishment fits the crime. As for people who died or otherwise ascended, I can't imagine he'd give us much of a second chance, if we put a toe out of line.

I'm gonna go with unfair, at least in terms of how the punishment fits, or doesn't.
---
One can not help but imagine Microsoft as being ran by a thousand Homer Simpsons. -Obturator
#3Polish_CrusaderPosted 10/6/2013 2:03:18 PM
Lucifer was an angel, he had the choice of evil.

Human beings are above angels, it says so in Gods Word. For us, there is no knowledge of evil. It is spiritually and theologically impossible for us to receive the same punishment that Lucifer got once we are already in heaven.

The only catch for us humans is getting there in the first place.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#4imhungry24-7Posted 10/6/2013 2:09:26 PM
There is a difference between fair and just.

I would call God merciful, and just. Meaning there are consequences for every action, according to His law, and yet we can be forgiven of our sins(transgressions against the law).
---
"Whoah! Where's my Dingus?" -Finn the Human
#5master_gamr1231Posted 10/7/2013 10:25:47 AM
Well, from my understanding, people in heaven are simply incapable of doing wrong. Which then leads to another disturbing idea- the thought that you are changed into something that is not "you" in heaven. The idea that your personality is stripped away upon death and replaced by some "perfect" persona that has nothing but praise for God without sin is disconcerting. What would you think about people that are in hell? What if your mother, father, spouse or child was in eternal torment at that moment? Would you forget about them, or just not care? Because heaven is described as a place without crying or sadness, and I can't comprehend myself losing so much of my humanity that I would ignore any who are suffering for eternity.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!